It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

hukleberrie HB User
36 lb. Weight Loss, Rectal Bleeding, NO Diahrrea — Colitis???

I just had a colonoscopy & EGD today. Results are that the surgeon found a spot he believes to be colitis.He took 3 biopsies.
This all began with being sick constantly since May. I had a cold, then the flu, then a pinched nerve in my shoulder & 3 days later a severe kidney infection. My WBC count was 17.2. I was put on Cipro for 3 weeks. During this time I developed a pain in my left flank area. They thought it was a kidney stone. Not a stone. I had test after test. The weight just kept dropping off for no reason (I would eat candy bars & ice cream & everything trying to gain weight.) I had bone scans, ct scans, mri, x-rays, blood tests, IVP, just about every test under the sun. Then my doctor gave me the hemoccult test. I haven't had any problems iin that area, in fact, I have been a bit more regular. No diahrrea. Well, I was truly surprised to find out that 2 of the 3 tests tested positive for blood. So now I had the scopes done & they say they think it's colitis. I go back to him in a couple weeks to see what the plan of action is after the biopsies come back. He won't say it's colitis for sure I guess until the biopsies are back. I wish they could treat it now. He wants to see how much more weight I lose. I feel thin enough now. I weigh what I did when I was 19, before I got pregnant with my first child! Oh, well. We'll see if I keep losing, I guess.

I would just love some insight into all this. I thought I would have to have diahrrea to have colitis. Then I start looking up info online only to discover that it never goes away, just in remission... Is this true? I will have this forever?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread