It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2007, 08:32 AM   #1
(male)

ash0479 HB User
Quick Question....Scared...

My wife, 27 years old, is having some issues currently...

She is not having any type of bloating feeling or pain, discomfort etc....

About 4 weeks ago she was constipated and had an issue going to the bathroom. When she finally went she noticed some light blood, not in her stool but when she wiped...nothing bad but it was there...

Her issue now is that she is scared to go to the bathroom since there are still signs of blood, once again not in the stool, but when she wipes...and she is terrified...

She has no weight loss, no signs of being tired or weak, eats whatever she wants...but she is scared to go to the bathroom...

Went to see a doctor today, he did not seem all that concerned, set her up for a colonoscopy since he is a pro-active doctor, but she has to wait 2 weeks...

He said it is most likely an anal fissure, hemroids or an ulcer since she is a big coffee drinker....but then again he cannot rule out anything else...can anyone shed any light...

No burning, no pain really until she relieves herself, but only pain by the anus region...no pain in the colon or stomach...stools look normal size, she does not have to push to relieve herself..

I have a friend who had an anal fissure and this is exactly what he is experiencing...

Old 10-27-2007, 12:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Quick Question....Scared...

Hi...I have a fissure and that's what it feels like as well...did the doctor take a look-see during the appointment?

It's good he's not doing any assuming and has set her up for a colonoscopy.

an ulcer...hmm, if it's from her stomach, it wouldn't be red blood. Coffee doesn't cause the ulcers in the stomach, h.pylori bacteria does. Coffee will, however, increase acidity which can cause them to worsen if there's already a break or invasion into the stomach lining.

Coffee doesn't cause ulcers in the colon....

Has your wife taken a look for herself? She can squat over a mirror and see if there are any cuts in the anal folds...because anything that's exterior can be seen. If that's it, she can use come over the counter hydrocortisone cream or even zinc cream..or both.

Internal hemorrhoids can't be seen, although external ones can. External ones don't bleed, interal ones do.

Keep us updated as to how she's doing. I can certainly relate big-time to her fears. I've been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis coming on 19 years ago. The blood...eeks, it was very scary.

When does your wife have the c-scope....what is she using for the prep?

I hope she's getting biopsies done since the doc's going to be in there anyway..

quincy

Last edited by quincy; 10-27-2007 at 12:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2007, 08:54 AM   #3
(male)

ash0479 HB User
Re: Quick Question....Scared...

Well thanks for the replay and the concern, My wife used Fleet Phospho Soda for the prep and needless to say she was miserable, they taste itself made her very sick and obviously the numerous runs to the bathroom did not help...I think the worst part was not being able to eat or drink...really made her somewhat weak...

Nonetheless our doctor is the best, he is very honest and energetic and he wanted to make sure that there was nothing to be worried about...wheeled her in at 9:45 and at 10:10 they called me back to see her, she was still asleep...talked with the doctor and she has a small hemrroid which is causing the situation, everything else is great!! Gave her some meds for the roid and then also some stuff to calm down her colon from all the stress associated...

We are definately relieved...Thanks again and best of luck to all of you!!

Closed Thread