It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 08:38 AM   #1
(female)

ohtinkerbell HB User
Unhappy Any advice? Desperate for answers!

Hello. I am a 30 yr old female. I have always had issues with Constipation since childhood. The past year it has gotten significantly worse. I had a Hysterectomy 6 yrs ago also. I am lucky to have a bowel movement once every 2-3 weeks. Everytime I eat I am sick, my stomach cramps, I feel as if I will vomit, sometimes I do. Weight fluctuates. I continue to eat because I know I have to, even though I know that within an hour I will be curled up in a ball crying in agony. I have tried Zelnorm(which is now recalled), all the fiber supplements, Miralax, suppositories and also Milk of Magnesia, none work. The only way to get any relief is to take the harsh laxatives, I have to double the dose of those. It normally takes at least 12 hrs for them to work, and I am in horrible pain once it starts to work. I do get relief, I sit on the toilet ALL DAY and cry, I sweat, shake, vomit and cry. I know that I better not have anything planned for that day. I have seen 2 different Gastro Dr's. I have had and EGD done-they said I have Gastritis. I had a Colonoscopy done and they said that my bowels are zig zagged and just plain lazy. They said there was some inflammation in part of my bowel. The Dr told me to just use the fiber supplements and be on my way, he didnt know what to tell me or how to fix me. I had a few different tests done to check my Gallbladder also, they came back fine. My stomach literally swells to the point that I look like I am 4 months pregnant. I am an average weight. I excersise daily, nothing seems to make a difference. I am going to see a 3rd Gastro Dr in a few weeks to get another opinion. There has to be something that can be done. My family dr seems to think that they may have to go in and actually take some of my intestine out since it is all twisted around in there and not working well. I dont know what to think. I am tired of being miserable, all this modern medicine, there has to be something that can help me. Any advice anyone has I would be greatly appreciated

The following user gives a hug of support to ohtinkerbell:
blondeness032 (07-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2007, 02:06 PM   #2
(male)

gwb123 HB Usergwb123 HB User
Re: Any advice? Desperate for answers!

Hi,
Slower transit time for your stool can cause it to dry our and be harder to pass. Perhaps your colon problem or dependency on stimulative laxatives could be slowing down transit time. I am not a doctor and it is definitely something you need help with from a gastro-enterologist and it is good you are seeking professional advice. Drink lots and lots and even more water. Stool softerners such as colace or lactulose help to draw water into the stool and colon so soften it.

Last edited by gwb123; 11-04-2007 at 02:18 PM.

Closed Thread