It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Friscokid HB User
Anyone had a Virtual Colonscopy?

This is a fairly new procedure and seems like an option that might be worth trying. They don't have to put you to sleep and you can resume everything after it is over in twenty minutes. It is much cheaper around seven or eight hundred dollars compared to three thousand. You can't have the polyps removed and have to get another test to do that if you have some.

There must be one person who has tried this and it would be interesting to get your opinion.

Last edited by Friscokid; 11-05-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #2
(male)

gwb123 HB Usergwb123 HB User
Re: Anyone had a Virtual Colonscopy?

Hi,
I researched the virtual colonoscopy and I think that two issues made it an unfavorable choice for me. Polyps cannot be removed and it is not as accurate as a real colonoscopy. I does miss smaller polyps, and that is when it is best to have them removed. Cheaper yes, but maybe more expensive in many ways in the long run. I found that a real colonoscopy was not such a big deal and really after having done it twice, I would rather have a colonoscopy any time rather than go to the dentist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB Usersammi2 HB User
Re: Anyone had a Virtual Colonscopy?

Oprah had it done. You still have to do the prep which they say is the worst part anyway, and they don't remove polyps. I believe they said you still have to have air put in your colon.

Closed Thread