It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 01:17 AM   #1
(male)

iaxzo HB User
diarrhea, vomiting, liquid grumbling of intestines, excessive farts

This started at night of November 3rd 2007 when I started to have stomach ache. Next morning I had diarrhea, drank Boost, felt sleepy so I slept. Keep in mind I also drank water after every diarrhea. When I woke up, I walked, felt dizzy, and vomited all contents. I was hungry so I ate a little by little of noodles and slept here and then while having some diarrhea. At night, I tried to eat a whole bowl of wild rice soup but vomited all contents out because I overexpanded my stomach. Usually I would never vomit with overexpansion of my stomach. I drank Boost again but 1 mouthful per 2 hours and I not have diarrhea again but I heard luquidish grumbling of my intestines and I can feel they are bloating then relaxing.

Next morning, I felt my diarrhea was gone so I ate whole cup of noodles and Boost. No diarrhea but I keep hearing the liquid grumbling and felt it bloating and relaxing and I am releasing excessive amounts of gas. Later at afternoon, I ate a whole "frozen" ready to eat tamale. A few hours after that, I started to have diarrhea and felt hungry after that so I ate some "frozen" ready to eat sandwich. My anus started to hurt after all the pressure the farting made since they were loud.

My question are:
-Are these symptoms of a larger problem?
-What is happening to my intestines with these liquid grumbling noises that I can feel them bloating and relaxing and accompanied by loud farting?
-What should I do to get well?

Thank you in advanced if helped

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
Re: diarrhea, vomiting, liquid grumbling of intestines, excessive farts

Sounds like you had/have a stomach bug. All will be right in a few days.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

sounds like food poisoning or stomach bug.

Im not surprised if its food poisoning with the food you eat.
If you had a stomach upset why were you eating such trash? you shouldnt eat much at all, and if you do it should be carbs and gentle plain stuff, not what you ate.

I think you may need to get yourself on a healthy eating plan, to give your stomach a break.

Last edited by Worrybucket; 11-06-2007 at 10:08 AM.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
(male)

iaxzo HB User

Before my affliction, those were my usual diet. I have high metabolism so I tend to eat much.

Before first signs of diarrhea I left food out for long, so I think some bugs landed on it.

I researched about this stomach bug(gastroenteritis) and it says to not eat dairy foods, fatty foods, caffeine, and spicy foods. When I ate dairy foods and high fatty foods, I had diarrhea, but if I ate foods not of those kinds then I not feel diarheaic. What happens to my digestive system when I eat food I should not eat like the ones I listed during stomach bug affliction?

Last edited by iaxzo; 11-06-2007 at 04:48 PM.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

Sorry to seem tough, but you seem to know what not to eat, yet you are carrying on eating them, and nothelping the situation.

Go to the Doctor, and do what he/she says, and you should be better, but if you ignore any advice then you may well carry on having symptoms. I dont know what else to advise you, as you dont seem to be doing anything to help yourself.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #6
(female)

tiera HB User

I believe that yes, your diet is the problem. Even if you sustained yourself on junk food before your illness, the problem is in your guts. When you have diarrhea, it's not just about the stool. The actions involved, as well as whatever causes the illness, can strip your intestines of important little "fingers" or "cillia"' that grab certain nutrients and absorb them before they pass through your system. If these fingers aren't there to grab at sugars, fats, or carbs, you aren't absorbing everything and that can make for very foul, runny stool. (maybe like it's been half-baked, not all the way done...) Try the BRAT diet whenever you have diarrhea..bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. Eat them the bland way, and cut down on all the preservatives. Let your body replace its "flora" a little, then slowly reintroduce sugars, very little at a time. Once you body heals a little, it can start absorbing everything the way it used to, though I think maybe a few changes in your diet wouldn't hurt. Be careful with anti diarrheal medicines, check with a doctor if it continues, but I think you might survive.

Closed Thread