It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
(female)

seural09 HB User
Smile rectal, breath, skin odor

This is of course an insanely embarrassing problem, but here goes. I have a dependable bm in the a.m. every day, and sometimes in the evening as well, but it seems like it's incomplete, because after a post-bm shower, there's still the odor and the sense that there's more. I use Dial moisturizing body wash, not excessively.

My breath odor is slight, but the poo smell is detectable, if only a little. I brush my teeth and gargle Listerine three times a day, and floss every day.

Bizarrely, my skin, especially from my scalp and my neck, seems to emanate a sickly odor that varies from day to day, in different situations. Some days it's barely there, others it's definitely there. I'm a college student with some social anxiety issues, and it comes up most strongly when I'm sitting in an auditorium with several people sitting behind, beside and in front of me with just a couple of feet separating us. I've thought this was a little psychological, b/c I noticed that when I was feeling the worst about myself (from both original anxiety, the symptoms of this problem, and the anxiety caused by the symptoms), the odor emanated more strongly, and yeah, I could tell everyone noticed. On the other hand, when I felt normal and confident, I found the odor to be very minimal if not neutral. So I think this relates to stress and an internal problem.

A night or two per week liquids seem to rush around in my stomach. I experience some negligible bloating and gasiness a day or two out of the week. There are some light noises immediately before a bm, but I think that's nautral.

This has been going on since about August. I ate 25-30 grams of fiber per day: phase 1, all foods like All-Bran and fiber-rich fruits; phase 2, foods like All-Bran and fiber supplement :: but that didn't ensure a complete bm. I did a 2-week cleansing regimen of a laxative, milk thistle and fiber pills, during which I fasted w/ fruit juices, but the post-bm odor stayed. I tried Colon Clenz, an herbal colon formula dietary supplement, and something called Chocolate Smooth Move, an herbal stimulant laxative, both conservatively w/o abusing, and still the odor. During all of this I had 1-3 grande mochas per week, which caused a bm like clockwork, but still somehow incomplete. Now I'm surviving on little money and so my diet's like this: spinach, tuna, All-Bran, bread. I always drink enough water and exercise 2-3 times/ wk.

Any advice at all would be fantastic. Thanks

Last edited by seural09; 11-06-2007 at 03:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2007, 03:27 PM   #2
(female)

seural09 HB User
Re: rectal, breath, skin odor

Now I drink 2-3 shots of espresso every morning to ensure the bm. Extra fiber hasn't seemed to work, so now I feel like I depend on the laxative effect of the espresso.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lala-whatsnext HB User
Re: rectal, breath, skin odor

Are you sure this isn't in your mind? If not here are some things to try,

~you floss each day so I'd ask your dentist about the mouth issue, he/she can tell you if there is an odor.
~make sure when you shower you wash ALL your cracks and crevices.
~if none of the above helps see a doctor about this. It could be a number of things.
Good luck

Closed Thread