Originally Posted by lodgen
miralax is a safe osmotic laxative ,i been on it for two years......
Um, because one person can tolerate it long term, and in fact, even if most people can tolerate it long term, that does not mean that it is safe for everyone.
I believe that i read somewhere of folk being allergic to the main ingredient, and it does, in fact say, do not take if you are allergic to it. This must mean that some people have shown an allergic resopnse. I just can't find the info on the web. However, if there is an allergic response, I would suspect that an itchy rash could be a consequence.
I had mom stop and start it several times, while we kept track of her symptoms. In her, it causes some very excruciating stomach pain, so she will not be taking it anymore. Does she have something else going on? Probably, but the Miralax absolutely paralyzes her with pain.