It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2007, 05:52 AM   #1
(female)

wyldflwr623 HB User
Question What could cause this?

Hi all - my speciality is women's health so when my DH asked me about something that was bothering him - I was completely lost! He said that last week he had a bowle movement and noticed that there was blood in the toilet. It didn't look to be part of the BM, just in the water and on the paper when he wiped. No pain associated with it or any other symptoms. Had no problems or concerns since then so he thought it was some weird fluke and brushed it off. This morning however, it happened again - the same thing and he has no associated pain or other symptoms. The blood is a dark red or maroon color which leads me to think that perhaps it is coming from higher up the GI tract.

My question is - has anyone had an experience similar or know what could be ailing him? I'm not sure about anal fissures because there is no pain and it is not recurrent to the extent that it happens everyday. He does take meds for heartburn so that is a concern for me that perhaps there is a small GI bleed somewhere as a result of that? Any help would be most appreciated!!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:30 AM   #2
(female)

Blondie527 HB User
Re: What could cause this?

Hi... my DH has this often. I am not exactly sure what it is from but I believe that his doctor said that it is not a major concern. He does take meds for heartburn and an ulcer. Perhaps it could be an ulcer?? Just a thought. Sorry that I could not be of more help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread