It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
(female)

Goldie_Locks_5 HB User
Bowel Movement issues after giving birth - incomplete evacuation

I'm hoping one of you can feel my pain and give me some advice/info...

I had a bad 4th degree perineum tear when I gave birth 7 months ago. Since then when I have a BM I often feel like I still have stool left in the colon - but I can't push it out --- and often there still is some - and I could wipe my rectum for hours and it would still show up dirty on the toilet paper. Or if the TP comes out clean - then 5 minutes later I feel pain in the area and have to go back and wipe my rectum again.

It's horribly embarrassing - and effecting my sex life as well because I do not want my DH anywhere near that area on days when this happens.

I also have a sense of urgency often- and get cramps right before that as well. This happens probably 4 days a week or more.

I have a bowel movement almost every day- sometimes 2 - so I'm not constipated in that sense.... and I rarely have diarhhea -- my stools are a decent consistency - so i'm not sure if my rectum is just ruined from giving birth and can't squeeze out the last part of the BM - or if this is some sort of IBS that I have developed since childbirth.

Any advice? Stories? Very appreciated!

The following user gives a hug of support to Goldie_Locks_5:
ithappenedtome (09-23-2011)
Old 11-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Kel123 HB User
Re: Bowel Movement issues after giving birth - incomplete evacuation

Hi,

Please do a search on sphincteroplasty and you will find a wealth of info on exactly this topic. There is a current thread down the page a little on I survived sphincteroplasty part V and also a sticky thread at the top of the page. There are also parts 1-4. You will find a lot of support there.
Kelley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread