It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
(female)

troubadour HB User
Rubber band ligation for internal hemmorhoids

I was wondering if anyone here has had an experience with rubber band ligation for internal hemmorhoids. I had a small internal hemmorhoid as of a year ago due to constipation and know that since then I have acquired at least one more, if not more than that. A month ago I asked for a prescription of hydocortisone suppositories and my doctor told me about this procedure. My hemmhorhoids are leaving me in discomfort all the time, bleed, and I've had constant itching even though they are internal, which I've heard are not supposed to itch... but I don't believe that now. I guess I was just wondering what you thought of the rubber band procedure and your personal experience with pain/results/etc. I made an appointment two weeks from now to discuss the options I have, and I heard this can be an outpatient procedure at the doctor's office so I was wondering if she could do it just then/if I should prepare for this possibility or if this would require a special appointment.

Thanks.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
need any help--rubber band ligation--I'm in pain!!! jlb1191 Bowel Disorders 4 08-30-2011 06:21 AM
tubal ligation.. rubber band or metal clamp?.. goldenbronzer Birth Control 0 03-23-2009 04:36 PM
Hemorrhoid, Rubber Band Ligation. Have A Few Questions. doglover Bowel Disorders 17 01-27-2008 09:57 AM
please help rubber band ligation failed twice mellyuk Bowel Disorders 3 04-16-2007 08:46 PM
working out after rubber band ligation of hemorrhoids mellyuk Bowel Disorders 0 04-02-2007 09:21 AM