It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
(male)

anders15 HB User
Severe Stomach Cramps

I've had a colonoscopy just 3 days ago, everything came back good. But right now I have bad stomach cramps once again. Does anyone make bowel movements after stomach cramps and pass out from the severe pain?

Old 11-21-2007, 08:49 AM   #2
(female)

Poo2 HB User
Re: Severe Stomach Cramps

Hi Anders,

By chance do you know if they took a polyp or some intestinal tissue out during your colonoscopy? This will cause severe stomach pains. My mom had some polys removed and had the severe pains and she was put in the hospital.

IMO please call your Dr. right away or go to the ER. This could be something dangerous if not treated. I have had Crohn's disease since 1988 and believe me I have had my fair share of colonoscopys. I never had any pain after the procedure.

Please keep us updated okay?

Poo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2007, 12:22 PM   #3
(male)

anders15 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poo2 View Post
Hi Anders,

By chance do you know if they took a polyp or some intestinal tissue out during your colonoscopy? This will cause severe stomach pains. My mom had some polys removed and had the severe pains and she was put in the hospital.

IMO please call your Dr. right away or go to the ER. This could be something dangerous if not treated. I have had Crohn's disease since 1988 and believe me I have had my fair share of colonoscopys. I never had any pain after the procedure.

Please keep us updated okay?

Poo
Thanks for the reply. They didn't remove anything but took a couple of biopsies and all the results came out great. As for the cramps, I've had them since 6th grade and they get so severe I pass out, I am now a senior in High school. The good thing is they come occasionally about 3-4 times a year. My doc. thinks it's just IBS, but I don't get why I pass out from them. My doc also says I have vasovagal syncope which is a fainting syndrome, nothing serious.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

Have they checked your gallbladder? That would be a HIDA scan. I only ask because they didn't give me one because my pain is central/left. Two years later I got one and found out I have a nonfunctioning gallbladder.. which is causing the cramping (and I don't pass out but I come close!).

Just a suggestion. I wish I had it done years ago.

Old 11-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
(male)

anders15 HB User

well I got an ultra sound on my gallbladder and they found a small polyp but they said it was nothing serious.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:31 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User

The CT scan and US didn't show anything wrong with my gallbladder. Only the HIDA scan with hormone (cck) injection did. And it's not like my gallbladder is just kind of not working.. it's not working at ALL. I'd think the other tests would have seen something, but no.

Just a thought.

Closed Thread