It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
(male)

GodSideKurt HB User
Question probiotics

Anyone out there wanna tell me which probiotics are the best? Which ones have worked the best for you?

Kurt

Old 11-22-2007, 11:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: probiotics

Hi...I have UC and use Natural Factor's Protec....3 at bedtime.

I also use Primadophilus Reuteri every few days..I know many who use this one as well.

Others I know have started Enzymatica Pro-Bio probiotic and so far, so good. These ones don't require refrigeration, so that's a HUGE plus.

What I know for sure...rhamnosus is in all three (and reuteri is a substrain of it)...and if you do the research on the different kinds of probiotic strains..you can determine what your needs are and make a good decision accordingly.

Also, check out how many millions/billions of units are required for daily intake for maintaining proper gut flora...

The bottom (lol) line...it's trial and error, for what agrees with one, doesn't necessarily agree with another. I've tried different ones as well, and like the two I use best so far.

Let me know what you try.

quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: probiotics

Everyone is different and I have found that we all respond differently to various Probiotic supplements.

I like and use Culturelle, Reuteri, PB-8, Primal Defense, and L sporogenes.

Closed Thread