It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

Claire13 HB User
Unhappy Too much blood?!

Hi there,

I am slightly worried :S

I have been having problems for years with constipation, as a consequence of this I have had bloody toilet paper and toilet water for a long time now...a good few years at least. Never worried me before, as when I looked it up the most likely reason was hems.

However, 2 months ago I was suffering from Low Iron. I was put on iron tablets and my fatigue went away. Now that I have came off the iron tablets I am becoming tired again and going back to how I was before I started the tablets! The doctor never diagnosed why my iron was low.

Anyway, my point is...I am suffering now from really bad constipation and now I am pretty sure there is blood in the stool now. As well as also having clotted blood on the toilet paper which would suggest that its not just hems? My right lower abdomen feels really bruised which makes it slightly uncomfortable to walk. The other day after going to the toilet the toilet water was black! (I have been off the iron tablets for a while..which can make stools black, so this is not the cause of the black toilet water) and then today the toilet water was a very deep red colour. Its very worrying. I was wondering if I could have some kind of internal bleeding which may becausing my iron to be low? And if so will the doctor take me seriously if I go in??

Sorry for this being so long.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #2
(female)

Gavi112 HB User
Re: Too much blood?!

Does your Dr know about your bowel problems and your bleeding?? If he does then he should have referred your for tests. If you have never told him then I suggest you go back to him as soon as possible and explain and ask for tests as quickly as possible. It could be simply that your constipation is causing tearing to your bowel which is nasty but not cancer but only tests like colonsocopy etc can rule out anything nasty.

Black blood tends to be blood from above where you would have piles as it has already been digested so a thorough look see is needed of all your digestive tract. I don't mean to alarm you but i personally think it is now time for your to rule out any nasty cause.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
(female)

Claire13 HB User

Hey,

Thanks. I ended up calling a 24hr help line and was told to go to A+E. Went through all my symptoms with them and they want me to go for a colonoscopy or something. They think it may be Inflammatory Bowel Disease but they are not sure so need to check. I hope its nothing too nasty!
Fingers crossed!

Old 12-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
(female)

Claire13 HB User

Just thought I would update this...

I went to A+E and they grilled me for info, did some nasty stuff involving a finger... and then put me on a drip. Apparently I dont have hems so that didnt explain the bleeding. They wanted to keep me in for tests, however I had to sign myself out as I have exams coming up. Not heard anything from the hospital since, wonder if I should call up and see whats going on. Things have gotten better the last few weeks, there has been no blood...should I still go for the tests or should I just leave it since its stopped?

x

Old 12-12-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
(male)

coolied HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire13 View Post
Just thought I would update this...

I went to A+E and they grilled me for info, did some nasty stuff involving a finger... and then put me on a drip. Apparently I dont have hems so that didnt explain the bleeding. They wanted to keep me in for tests, however I had to sign myself out as I have exams coming up. Not heard anything from the hospital since, wonder if I should call up and see whats going on. Things have gotten better the last few weeks, there has been no blood...should I still go for the tests or should I just leave it since its stopped?

x
It saddens me that someone would sign themselves out of a hospital due to schoolwork.............. You NEED to find out what the hell is wrong with you, not worry about school, I don't mean to scare you but if it's something really nasty all the education in the world isn't going to do anything for you if you're dead.............. Screw the exams, get to the bottom of this bleeding problem, if it is the big C, you want to catch it in the early stages (which unfortunately going by your symptoms it would be a late stage if it were to be C)........................ But you need to find out, and get treated............. If it's not hemmorhoids then it's likely something that NEEDS to be treated..............

Old 01-12-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
(female)

Claire13 HB User

Ok well I have finally been given an appointment for a colonoscopy at the end of the month to check and see what is going on.
I am so nervous. I dont know whats going to happen or if its going to be painful?? I am worried about being kept in over night also? How long does the procedure usually last? Is it really embarassing? also, the sedation your given, does that knock you out so you dont know whats going on...or are you aware the whole time??

*very scared*

Any extra information other than the standard info that hospitals give you would be appreciated. Any personal experiences etc.

x

Closed Thread