It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 08:28 AM   #1
(female)

clogav HB User
unknown tummy problems

I am a 26yrs old female who had a baby 8months ago. Since I was 16yrs old I have been having problems with my tummy. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in my own country over four years ago & until I got pregnant last year I was given steroids (predisonal suppositories & asacol tablets) However since I moved to the UK and my notes were sent from Ireland it turns out that there is no mention of ulcerative colitis. Since then I have recently had yet another horrific endoscopy that show no signs of anything, biopsy's were taken & im waiting on results. My symtoms are blood pouring from my anus when I relax on the tiolet, it could last up to 10 days, the top of my tummy inflates and goes solid like a football and I feel as drained as I do when I have a period. I have a normal period 7 to 8 days a month then just as I'm starting to feel better I end up in knots again with my rear end bleeding. My hands are always cold and I feel as if I was kicked in the stomach and im bruised. I'm very fed up as no one seems to know whats wrong. I even took pictures of the blood in the tiolet, there does be quiet a lot and I dont have to be doing a number two for it to come. Somtimes when I think I'm urinating it's actually bright red or clothed blood coming from my back side. I'm a 1st time mum and all I want is to feel healthy when I'm with my baby. Please help.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
Re: unknown tummy problems

You said endoscopy, but not colonoscopy? Sounds like you need one!

I'd push getting diagnosed especially with the blood, that sounds dangerous. I've had some of that bright red blood too but not as bad as if sounds you have. Not sure how it works in the UK, but I finally switched doctors and I'm finally getting answers.

I think if you have that much blood maybe you should to to the urgent care until they help you. There is obviously something wrong.

Good luck, get pushy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread