It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2007, 10:46 AM   #1
(male)

sandrak77 HB User
Unhappy Is something wrong here? Worried about cleaning condition of rectum

I need to know if the rectum is usually "clean", which means no small chunks of fecal matter on the walls of the mucosa? I saw something on TV where a doctor said that usually the rectum is clean unless you're having a bowel movement. Does this mean that there should not be any remnants in there?
I'm asking because I had some problems with hemorrhoids and the doc told me to apply some cream in the rectum and I always used gloves to apply it and I remember that in the rectum I always felt stuff. First I thought it's hemorrhoids but it wasn't!!! It was crap chunks and this even though I had just crapped and in spite of this there were stil small crap chunks which were left behind. When I watched this I remembered this and now I ask myself if this is normal or not.

This is really awkward. I mean I have been to proctologists a few times and they usually also take a look inside with their metal tube or whatever this is and actually I always thought that it's at least clean in there but when I imagine that they see those remnants which i could feel in there then this is not only totally awkward but also negative in terms of checking out the rectum. I mean if the rectum isn't really clean then they also cannot see if there is anything wrong with it.

Closed Thread