It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2007, 06:42 AM   #1
(female)

merme HB User
lower right side pain and ache in bowel plus gas and unwell feeling

I recently took antibiotics for a urinary tract infection which caused a change in my digestion and made me quite gasey with cramping of area below the ribcage, so the doc stopped me taking them and checked that my uti had gone by sending urine off for testing which came back normal.
The gas and stomach upset continued there but it wasnt a huge problem and i was getting on with life again until suddenly at the weekend i developed nausea and dizziness and blurred vision and the shakes after a bowel movement, and had a pain in my lower right side. I had felt sensitive in the groin area all week , couldnt put my finger on it but had felt sensitive in that area when i was in the shower and put water there, but it suddenly developed into a dull constant pain.
I went to the ER and they suspected appendicitis, but did tests on blood and my white count was normal, and they also did an abdominal x ray and liver function which they said normal.
they sent me home with just pain killers and told me they will book me in for an ultrasound in a week or so and that they will write to me with the appointment time.
It has been 3 days since going to the ER and i still have the dull achey pain in lower right side, feels like it is in my bowel, it feels weak there and when i had a bowel movement it felt almost too weak there to push on the muscles to get it out.
also bowel movements are very yellow , and i feel generally unwell...very tired, bags under eyes, sleeping a lot and during the night my stomach gets bloated up and feels like its moving around constantly and with a lot of gas.

so......I cant get an appointment with my GP til a few days time....and at the ER they toldme to wait for the ultrasound appt so Im stuck at home wondering what this could be if its not appendix?
when i had the uti infection 3 weeks ago all the pains were on the right side too which seems strange...constant right side problems.they did test my urine when i had it and it showed a water infection.
i feel weak and sore in the right lower bowel....and it was very sensitive when examined by the doc and made me nauseous when they pressed in that area.
anyone any ideas what it could be? could it be from the antibiotics?
would appreciate any help very much ! thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread