It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2007, 01:57 AM   #1
(female)

megancolleen HB User
I wish there was a board for Incredibly Embarassing Questions...

This is a very gross question, I know, but I'm desperate for advice.

For the past few days, I've had a strange and uncomfortable sensation in my anal region. It's not really an itch, more like a tingly, crawling, tickly type sensation. Very hard to describe. It even feels a little bit like leakage, but it's not.

I thought it might be pinworms, but it's not really itchy per se, and it doesn't get worse at night; it's persistent all day.

I have had hemmorhoids in the past, so maybe this is related. However, my experience with hemmorhoids was very painful, and there's no pain with this.

Are there any other possibilities? Maybe a yeast infection? Or some sort of skin irritation? I do exercise in the heat a lot...maybe it's sweat-related?

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. And sorry if I grossed out anyone out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
(female)

roseang HB User
Re: I wish there was a board for Incredibly Embarassing Questions...

Not gross at all, this is a bowel discussion forum after all

Well, this could be sweat related. Or you're not wiping good enough when you use the restroom. Bacteria can grow and cause it to tingle and itch. Doesn't necessarily mean you have pinworms, though. I suggest you do a good washing of the area every day for a week or so to see if this goes away. If it doesn't, give a call to your doctor to see what to do - they might give you some sort of creme to treat it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
(male)

hommertown HB User
Re: I wish there was a board for Incredibly Embarassing Questions...

i had a bad tooth infection and was prescribed a powerful antibiotic and i took the as described ...but then it seems like the day I started taking them I had this embarassing case of anal itch.. can you recommend a treatment. I have heard all you need to do is eat some yogurt but I vomit at the smell of yogurt otherwise I would have already tried this. BM's have not changed and I have no problems with that department,just the itch.
thanks for any advise...

Closed Thread