It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
(male)

keithinproviden HB User
Post hem-lancing question

Yesterday I had what I thought was a hemroid. To make a long story short, I went to the doctor and had it lanced and the clot removed. We stopped and had lunch, visited the pharmacy, and came home and soaked in the tub. When I got out of the tub I noticed the Hemroid was back. It appears the skin refilled with with blood. Today is Friday and I cannot call the Doc until Monday. I was supposed to work tonight (not happening), Sat and Sun on 12 hour shifts on 3rd shift. A LOT of driving and in and out of the car.
I am surprised this has happened. Is it normal? Do I neet to have it looked at again? What can I do besides Ice, Soak, Ibuprofen and Prescription cream.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
Re: Post hem-lancing question

I think you should still call the doctor. Just because his office is closed does not necessarily mean he isn't on call. Talk to his answering service and say you are having a post surgical problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2007, 05:49 AM   #3
(male)

keithinproviden HB User

I iced last night and used a sanitary pad in my pants when I went to bed. It bled through and onto the bed. I called the doc's office and explained it to the on-call doc (not my Doc). He said everything is normal, take it easy for the weekend and follow up with my doc on monday . . . thanks for calling, bye.
My wife works in an E.R. and says a good P.A. will be in today. I may go and get a second opinion.
At my office visit on Friday, my original doc said I would be back to normal and back to work tonight. It does not look like that will be happening.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
(female)

ILoveFrogs HB User

Keithinproviden, I had a thrombosed hemorrhoid October 30, ended up going to ER to have it lanced, there were two clots and the incision was over 1" long and left unsutured. I almost went back to ER, the next day because it seemed to me that it had another clot in it because I was in so much pain and it still felt very swollen and hard. I ended up missing day of work because I couldn't stand to sit down and just had to lay down, take lortab and use ice on my butt because the pain was so awful from the lancing, lot of bleeding also the first few hours afterwards. The hemorrhoid can re-thrombose and if that is the case, it is better to go in sooner than later, the theory being that after about 48-72 hours, lancing it won't really help much, that by then it is best to let time resolve the clot. But I don't agree with that, if you are in great pain, go to ER and have them recheck it, you may have additional clot that needs to be removed. I eventually ended up having to just have my hemorrhoids removed because after the lancing, they just kept acting up and it was just too painful to deal with. I am sorry, it is miserable I know.

Closed Thread