It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Kel123 HB User
Question Anyone experienced a bowel prep on a 4 year old?? ANY SUGGESTIONS

My 4 year old daughter is being worked up for crohns disease and ulcerative colitis. She has an upper endoscopy with small bowel follow through and a colonoscopy scheduled next Monday under general anesthesia. I have experience going through a bowel prep myself, but does anyone have experience doing this with a child?? She will have miralax mixed in juice, (7 cap fulls mixed in 1 quart) then 4 ounces of magnesium citrate followed by a fleets enema on procedure day. She can only have clear liquids after lunch on Saturday and her procedure is at 8:30am Monday morning. I am going to literally have to put locks on all the pantries and refrigerator to keep her out Any suggestions are welcome as I am dreading this....

Kelley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
Re: Anyone experienced a bowel prep on a 4 year old?? ANY SUGGESTIONS

Pull ups.

I am active in the autism community and many of the affected children get scoped. Apparently, almost everyone finds that their kids do not want food, and once they actually get the prep down, it goes smoothly, except for the inevitable accidents.

Hope it goes easier than expected.

Last edited by Brocallie; 12-03-2007 at 11:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kel123 HB User
Re: Anyone experienced a bowel prep on a 4 year old?? ANY SUGGESTIONS

Thanks for the advice...Pull ups are definitly on my list of things to get. I just gave away all the lingering ones that have been sitting around for 2 years--go figure!

Kelley

Closed Thread