It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #1
(female)

bess01 HB User
Had my colonoscopy yesterday,and slept right through.

The diet you are on and the cannula they insert in the back of your hand are in my opinion, the most pain and discomfit you feel.But maybe in some cases, the doctor might do other procedures to rectify a problem he finds in the bowel,which will give you pain when you wake up.(but i dont know for sure if this happens or not).All i know is, before i had my colonoscopy, i informed the doctor in attendance,that i did not want any thing done,for my prolapse of the rectum at this time,just check out my bowel for growths,and see what can be done for my prolapsed rectum.as i want to have surgery performed through an incision in my tummy to fix up my problem,but that will depend on the doctors findings from my procedure.The public hospital where i had my colonoscopy, said the results will be at my GP office in 2 weeks,i thought that seems a long time to wait for my results though.Any way for people going to have the colonoscopy,i took one of the members advise about refraining from eating, vegetables,and fruit with skin on,and any kind of roughage for one week, before the date of procedure.Also i think if anyone is like me with a verry stubborn bowel,and if you are taking the fleet stuff,i was sorry i had not took my bowel pills the 3rd night before my procedure.Best wishes from bess01.

Closed Thread