It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2007, 03:42 AM   #1
(female)

katie0330 HB User
rectopexy

Hello,
I had a laporoscopic rectopexy 2 weeks ago for a full prolapse... recovery very quick. But I now have no BM without the use of a lot of laxatives. The surgeon warned me that chronic constipation would now be a feature of my life... but the symptoms are pretty unbearable. Has anyone experienced the same after rectopexy? Will this settle as my body heals? Any advice appreciated... thanks

Last edited by katie0330; 12-08-2007 at 05:53 AM. Reason: spelling error in title

Old 09-24-2008, 03:37 AM   #2
(female)

joesgirlmillie HB User
Re: rectopexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie0330 View Post
Hello,
I had a laporoscopic rectopexy 2 weeks ago for a full prolapse... recovery very quick. But I now have no BM without the use of a lot of laxatives. The surgeon warned me that chronic constipation would now be a feature of my life... but the symptoms are pretty unbearable. Has anyone experienced the same after rectopexy? Will this settle as my body heals? Any advice appreciated... thanks
Hi

I have had 3 years of bowel surgery after an operation was done on me I wasnt even in for. I have a court case going on at the moment after a polish doctor ruined my life in 2005. I am due to have my 6th op which is the Ventral Rectopexy and I have seen surgeons from all over the place. You can have an SNS fitted which is a Sacral Nerve Stimulator, its a gastric pacemaker that helps nerve damage and retrains your bowel. If my bowels dont work after mine then I am having one. My surgeon now teaches the procedures and even Oxford. Not all hospitals do it, ask your consultant to refer you and to explain it. i know how terrible it is to live with a prolapsed bowel. Ive had so many ops and im only in my 30's, cant have anymore children etc. They fit a temporary one firstly in outpatients, and if it works for you after 2 weeks, they put you back on a waiting list to have it permanently fitted, I have to use enemas to go, nightmare! The PCT do not fund this op in every area but its becoming more widely avialable. To have the temp one fitted only costs a few hundred pounds private, but to fit a permanent one its a few thousand. There is still hope for you xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread