It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
(female)

jo237 HB User
Citra-Fleet?? Has anyone experience of this prep please. I'm so scared!

Hi, I have just received my prep for colonoscopey scheduled for Friday and they have sent me two sachets of Citra-Fleet to take the day before. I have heard some HORRIFIC tales about the prep and I am so scared of taking it. I have a genuine phobia about vomiting and have done since childhood. Can anyone please share their experiences of it with me. does it always make you sick?? I can hopefully handle the other end but not the top end. sorry to be such a wimp but I am so genuinely scared of what will happen when I take it.
thank you so much in advance for your replies.
Jo

Old 12-11-2007, 08:21 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ZoeGirl HB User
Re: Citra-Fleet?? Has anyone experience of this prep please. I'm so scared!

The only bad things about the prep, for me, was diarrhea. I did not have any vomiting (never heard of anyone vomiting from colonoscopy prep), but I had cramping due to the diarrhea. Still, survivable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
(female)

Clover100 HB User
Re: Citra-Fleet?? Has anyone experience of this prep please. I'm so scared!

Just relax. While the prep isn't pleasant, I never felt sick. The best thing I can suggest is to wear a Depends or some such type thing--just in case you don't make it to the bathroom. I found that taking a good book in the bathroom and just "sitting on the throne" for quite a while helped pass the time (and everything else). I know you are scared---I was too when I had my colonoscopy last Spring, but believe me, the preparation is the worst part and that really isn't that awful. Good luck and I hope everything turns out fine.

Closed Thread