It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

DOROTHY859 HB User
Question Chronic Lower Right Abdominal Pain

I Have Been Dealing With Various Health Issues This Year And Have Posted Them On The Boards Before. I Am Taking Lacto Bacillus And Digestive Enzymes For Stomach And Bowel Issues And It Does Seem To Be Helping With Diahreha Issues. A Lot Of The Other Symptoms I Have Had Since October (fatigue, Muscle Weakness, Brain Fog) Have Improved Although Not 100% Gone. However, I Have A Chronic Pain In The Lower Right Abdomen. This Pain Flares Up And Down In Intensity But Does Not Get More Severe When You Press On The Area, Actually Massaging The Area Seems To Soothe It. During A Flare Up I Can Feel This Discomfort When I Walk And Lift Things And If I Try To Sleep On My Right Side. I Also Sometimes Get An Ache In The Pit Of The Stomach (above The Belly Button). I Have Had Blood Work Done, An Ultrasound And A Ct Scan And The Doctor Says He Can't Find Anything. Colonoscopy Is Scheduled For The New Year But The Doctor Doesn't Feel Any Urgency To Get That Test Done. Initially I Was Thinking Appendix But Obviously The Tests Don't Indicate That. Cany Anyone Who Has Experienced Anything Similar Give Me Some Ideas On This? Thanks.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:09 AM   #2
(female)

merme HB User
Re: Chronic Lower Right Abdominal Pain

ihave had same problem with lower right abdominal pain. i feel it is in my intestines and have had the same brain fog problems and some days feel as though i can t wake up properly. same as you they cant find anything and am scheduled to see a gastroenterologist but they dont seem to think it is urgent although i can hardly function because of it.
hope you manage to sort it out and will be interesting to hear what the colonoscopy finds. good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2008, 02:42 AM   #3
(female)

peacefrog HB User
Re: Chronic Lower Right Abdominal Pain

I also have the lower right quadrant pain. I've had a colostomy for diverticulitis with perforation and had it reversed a year ago. The pain was there before the surgeries, but has gotten worse since. I also had that feeling of being really full after eating just a little, but that has improved. I had upper GI and small bowel follow-up that showed only a rapid gastric emptying, and a colonoscopy last month that showed diverticuli and a small poyp which was removed. Have heard nothing regadring the biospy done then and don't see the dr. til March, so I guess it was fine. Looking at an anatomy diagram I would say the pain I have is near the appendix or where the small and large intestines meet. It seems if I have gas it settles there worse, as after the upper GI the pain was so much worse there from the fizzy drink that puts air in your system. I have no answers, but continue to rule things out. Best wishes

Closed Thread