It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
(male)

Hartmann HB User
Light stool

On Sunday (9/13), I woke up with a slight stomach ache and felt like I was getting sick. By the middle of the day I had what felt like the flu and my stomach was really sore.

I had a flight in the afternoon and made my way to the airport. I drank plenty of fluids and tried to reduce the fever (which was giving me the chills). Diarrhea took over once I reached my destination and I stayed in bed most of Monday.

By Tuesday my body felt fine and I was able to go to work. However, over the last couple of days I've noticed my stool has been extremely pale (almost white) and looks like it has specks of blood in it. My stomach has been making loud noises and really rumbling after meals.

Any ideas on what could be going on? I looked up food poisoning but didn't find anything that mentioned pale or white stools. This has me concerned.

I'm a 23 year old male. I do have a history of a slow moving colon and constipation but up until Sunday everything has been fine.

I would appreciate any insight anyone could give me.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Light stool

Hartmann,

It could have been a virus of some sort and if it stays away you will never know-- But, if it returns to some lesser degree then may be your gallbladder is not functioning properly. It put out Bulirubin that determine the color of your stool.

Eating a meal that contain lots of fat will tell you if your GB is OK!

I wish you well---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2007, 03:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ol'Line Rebel HB UserOl'Line Rebel HB User
Re: Light stool

Hello Hart,

While it's possible you just have some kind of immediate reaction to your flu, if light/gray/pale stools continue (not necessarily yellow), then it could indicate a liver problem. Gall bladder or high-motility problems are usually more indicated by colorful yellow or green stools (albeit liver can also be yellow).

I would see how it goes over a week or 2. If it goes away and doesn't seem to come back permanently, probably nothing more than body reaction to flu and no harm no foul. If not, you may want to call the doctor about it and ask.

Closed Thread