It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User
I Hate Hemorrhoids

Yesturday I had to strain to have a bowel movement and as I expected my hemorrhoids started acting up. The only problem I had yesturday was some discomfort when I moved around and then some itching at night. I had a bowel movement today and there was some blood (a very small line on the toilet tissue). The last time I had this problem there was blood on the stool, in the toilet, and on the toilet tissue and that was the end of the bleeding. Everytime I go to the bathroom I check and see that there is still that small amount of blood on the toliet tissue. I went outside to do some shoveling and when I came back and went to the bathroom there was some blood in my underwear. I wiped the area and there was that small thin line of blood and then I did it again and it was nothing. Did the shoveling cause it to bleed more? (sorry for all the blood talk)

Is there anyway to stop the bleeding or is that just something I am going to have to live with? I was also wondering if stool softners were like laxative or if they are different things. Also, because of the snow shoveling it hurts. There is no itching or burning, just pain when I walk around or move in my seat. Is it all right to take Tylonal to ease the pain?

And may I say it again...I HATE HEMORRHOIDS!!!!

Last edited by IrishPrinces426; 12-16-2007 at 01:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
(female)

alaska_free HB User
Re: I Hate Hemorrhoids

Hi Irish,

Guess what? I hate them too. If I were you, I would stay away from advil or aspirin. They can make the bleeding worse. I have been dealing with internal hemorrhoids off and on for the past 7 years. They were treated 7 years ago and bleeding stopped. Then out of the blue about 3 months ago, they started bleeding again. I just had a colonoscopy that confirmed internal hemorrhoids again. The prep flared up those badly and I have been uncomfortable since last Monday. Now I have an anal fissure on top of all of this.

If you can, call your dr and get anusol supp. They are a prescripiton. They work great and stopped all of the bleeding within 3 days of using them every night.

Jennifer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread