It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

suzanlynn2 HB User
rectocele surgery

Can you have anal sex after this type of surgery?

Old 12-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lala-whatsnext HB User
Re: rectocele surgery

yes of course but you must find a highly qualified doctor and ask him tons of questions. Make sure you read up on this a lot so you'll know what to ask.
There is one surgery for rectoceles that doctors can do on a much older woman who has no desire to be active sexually again, but for us younger women we wouldn't want that....it would prevent sex.
I was getting worse and worse and really worried as to what to do. I didn't know what doctor to go to because every doctor it seems toots his own horn. My gynecologist sent me a letter telling about a couple of surgeons that was doing a seminar at the hospital on prolapses of different kinds and I decided to go even though I felt I knew a lot about it. Thank Goodness I went. I found the doctor I had been searching for. He talked about how some surgeons that are not well practiced at this surgery, they put the mesh in and tighten it up, then over the course of months scar tissue builds up and tightens things up too much and the woman is stuck with a mess and painful sex etc. This surgeon said to prevent that he just kind of lays the mesh in and tacts it on and lets mother nature tighten it up over the next few months. He said many things that I felt were right and my gynecologist recommended him also. I am set for surgery next month and I am terrified but feel I am making the best choice for me.
lala

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lala-whatsnext HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanlynn2 View Post
Can you have anal sex after this type of surgery?
Good grief, it seems I misread you. I have no idea about anal sex
Maybe it caused your problem in the first place.........

Old 12-28-2007, 10:54 PM   #4
(female)

MtDewPeg HB User

I have had a rectocele and enterocele repaired twice. First time vaginally and next time abdominally. I sure wouldn't recommend anal sex. I would think that probably messed you up.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
(female)

Bingoboss HB User
Question Re: rectocele surgery

I will have rectocele surgery and cystecele surgery in a month. What am I in for regarding recovery and success?

Old 02-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
(female)

Bingoboss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingoboss View Post
I will have rectocele surgery and cystecele surgery in a month. What am I in for regarding recovery and success?

Closed Thread