It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
(female)

alk7252 HB User
Question Looking for Answers; Please Help

Hello, I am a 21 yr old female. My problems started about 6 months ago. About 3 months ago I was diagnosed with ibs. I had diahhrea for 3 weeks straight; I also had the cramping, nausea, gas, and mucus. I was told by my doctor to drink more water, eat better, exercise, and take fibercon.

Now my bm are about every 3 days. They are very painful, almost a burning or stinging that turns into a dull ache/dull pain throughout the rest of the day, and I have to strain when I have a bm. I have also been having blood on the outside of the stool, toilet paper and in the toilet bowl. It is not a large amount of blood and goes away after I wipe. If I have a bm in the morning and it causes pain then even if I urinate later on that day, I still feel the sting on my bottom. I'm not sure if these two things are related. I'm not sure what is going on here.

If someone could respond and give me some answers/more questions, that would be much appreciated.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
(female)

elefantgirl13 HB User
Re: Looking for Answers; Please Help

My IBS started about the same way. Diarrhea every day for 9 months, and no doctor could diagnose a problem. I finally was diagnosed a few months ago. All the medications, and all the exercise left me in the same spot. So, now I manage it with diet. I eat no white breads or grains, no starches like potatoes, no butter or oil. Nothing fried, no milk, cheese every day. I eat fresh fruit daily, wheat bread and noodles, chichken, turkey and fish only. NO BEEF OR PORK. I noticed every time i ate them it made the IBS worse. Now, I have a BM about every other day, sometimes it is a little hard, but the blood is gone, and no straining. I took fibercon for about a week and noticed that it made the constipation worse. I would try to lay off the fibercon for a few days, and see if that helps any. I know its scary, and nobody understands. Here, you have found people that will help if they can. I finally got the help I needed off here from a man named George. I am thankful every day that I found this site. I hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #3
(female)

alk7252 HB User

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it!

Old 12-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #4
(female)

alk7252 HB User

Old 01-02-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
(female)

alk7252 HB User

bump, bump

Closed Thread