It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
(male)

threelions HB User
5 to 7 Bowel Movements per day, I am a hostage

I am a 39 year old male and have been having this problem for a few years now. Everyday starts off the same, I have to get up 2 hours before I leave for work and I have 3 BM before I leave the house. I have a 76 mile drive to work and I have to stop at least twice. Usually when I get to work I am fine but it is difficult to leave the safety of my work to go out for lunch and I certainly do not ride in anyone else's vehicle. I am in upper management and my job requires me to go out for dinner a lot and to entertain clients, again I always take my own vehicle so I can stop when I have the urge. When I travel to other states I do not eat the day before so I won't have any issues on the plane. When I arrive at my destination I will not eat at restaurants if I have to take a cab. I could go on forever but let me just say that I have no control of when I am going to go and I have about 2-3 minutes to make it to a bathroom. I seem to have the feeling very often throughout the day that I have to go but I have emptied myself out hours ago. I have been to 3 Gastro doctors and had colonoscopy's, stools samples and they say that I am perfectly healthy. I also have no pain or discomfort associated with this, I simply cannot stop or control when I will have diarrhea. I take metamucil every night before bed and also tried cholestryamine for a while and nothing seems to help. I am considering taking calcium supplements and Iron pills to see if that helps. I cut dairy out of my diet for a week and that didn't seem to help either.
If anyone has any suggestions Please Help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
(female)

needin help HB User
Re: 5 to 7 Bowel Movements per day, I am a hostage

Your post is almost identicial to mine. I take 3 calcium pills a day and that does not seem to help. I was to a chiro the other day complaining and he said 10 bowel movements a day is not unnatural. What would he think if the situation was his! This morning I went 6 times in 2 hours and was trying to work. If the urge is there, I have to run.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
(male)

blackhawks99 HB User

Both of your situations sound remarkably similar to mine. Leaving the house for work in the morning is a nightmare as this is the time I almost always have to run to the bathroom 2-4 times.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-27-2008 at 06:30 PM.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
(female)

LorraineB HB User

My problem started as yours and unfortunately has progressed into worse matters.....my doctor told me (although I already knew this) that I have anxiety issues that affect my gut (actually I think I"M the one who told him that!) and he gave me anti-anxiety meds which made me gittery....right now I'm eating Lomotil and trying to get on with my life but to no avail....but I know that the anxiety of "having to go NOW" only makes the bowel problem worse. Do you find yourself worrying about it? I'm like you in that as soon as I step out of my house I need to go.....really don't have much of a problem when I'm at home. I think for me it's the anxiety of the embarrassment of having to "go" 3 or 4 times in a half hour; obviously people know that your not "peeing" LOL and that makes it worse! But also worrying about not making it to the bathroom in time certainly does not help the issue either. This probably isn't much help but just knowing that you're not the only one has helped me a bit.....but I'm defiintely heading back to my gastro doc (in fact, I'm thinking of getting a new one) and exploring other options. I can't believe that there's not something out there that can help!

Old 01-27-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Multiple BMs daily may be caused by trigger foods, Celiac, having the gastro bacteria in your intestines out of balance as well as other causes.
If doctors testing cannot determine the problem and it is determined you have a healthy GI tract --- I would seek an Alternative Heath Care Professional.

Closed Thread