It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User
Monkey again, need advice?

Hey gang, i have a possible question. I have had almost every test there is known well not all really, but i have been struggling with back issue, stomach ect. Since i was switched back to my prior pain med my stomach is doing very well, but meanwhile they are trying to figure out why my back is so bad/leg problems. One thing i haven't mentioned because i have waited for colonoscopy results wich came back normal this is what i deal with and wondering if anyone has any ideas. When i go to the bathroom no matter how long i'm on the pot my leg on the bad side goes very numb and stays that way throughout the day, is this a nerve, my bowels ect.? If it is a nerve why can't they find it, or if it's something to do with my bowels why can't they find it? I am bringing this up soon with all the dr.s and see what i get, meanwhile maybe someone here can give me some insight?
Love, Monkey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Re: Monkey again, need advice?

Monkey,
I know if I sit too long that my feet/toes get numb due to my spine problems of degenerated discs/bulging discs. The nerve gets irritated and it takes days to get back to it's normal numbness. Maybe the sitting position and/or straining puts too much pressure on a nerve either directly in your leg, or referred pain from your back and causes irritation and numbness. It takes diagnostic tests to find out which nerve is causing a problem and then it's usually only a guess until a compressed nerve can be seen on films. I hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User
Re: Monkey again, need advice?

tape, thanks thats what i was thinking but like i said in another post somewhere i never told dr.s about this because of the GI appt. Well i have a call in to the Nurse at Neurologists office and they are gonna get back with me so i hope they can figure it out soon Take care!
Love, Monkey
P.S your support helps greatly i just wish there was magic tests to figure it out as over about 2 and years time i have had two MRI but without contrast ugh

Closed Thread