It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
(female)

Garrett202 HB User
Recovering from hemorhoid surgery.

I just had a hemmroidectomy on january 9, 2007 and fissure removal/repair. It has been the worst experience of my life so far, other surgeries i have had are 3 c-sections. I had suffered from the hemmroids for 18 years when i was pregnant with my first child. I think when the fissure came was when to worst of all my pain began about 2 years ago. Just dreading to do to the bathroom because of pain, and now, after the surgery there is still no relief yet. It has been 2 weeks, ad 2 days since surgery. I new it would be bad, but the daily pain of bm's are starting to wear my nerves away. i have been crying alot, and afraid to go anywhere for fear of going in my pants, which has happened 4 times. I use lidocaine jelly, colase and miralax. After the surgery, the doc gave me loratab 500 even though i told him i was allergic to codeine, so of course i had a severe reaction. He said he could only give me darvocet, or put me in the hospital knocked out. What a choice!!! So i took darvocet and tylenol, and ibuprofen every 4 hours which worked....only ok. Now it is the week before my period....when i usually get severe constipation....and my stools are a little harder, so my pain the last few days is high again. I really hope this will be worth it in the end...but when is the end???? I am only 39 years old, and i am terrified i will never be the same again. Thanks for listening, and anyone who can relate with me please respond and let me know if this too shall end, and be worth all this pain. Thanks

Last edited by moderator2; 01-26-2008 at 09:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2008, 05:03 AM   #2
(female)

michelle13 HB User
Re: Recovering from hemorhoid surgery.

Garrett~ You’ll be fine…but it’s going to take some time to recover! I’m 39 as well….had my surgery early December. 3 weeks after surgery I was traveling for NYE...and was fine!

I will say…DO NOT LET YOURSELF GET CONSTITPATED!!! That was the worse pain I’ve ever felt in my life.

There is a thread you should check out: Hemorrhoidectomy Recovery Guide Page There is so much good information that may help you!!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 06:48 AM   #3
(female)

beachgal01 HB User
Re: Recovering from hemorhoid surgery.

Hi, Michelle! Great to hear you're doing well!

Garrett - everything Michelle said was right on target. The Hemorrhoidectomy Recovery Guide by TacomaGuy is worth reading again and again - it will help! Remember that you are not alone in your misery, girl. I remember every minute of mine - I had my surgery on December 3rd. I was back to work December 18th. I am so glad to have had the surgery - now that I'm healed and hemorrhoid free!!

Just remember that EVERYTHING depends on you NOT getting constipated. That is so very important! Eat oatmeal for breakfast, take psyllium (either as powder mixed into a drink or in capsule form) every day and use stool softener if you need it. If you can keep your bowels moving, life ahead is rosy and bright - and hemorrhoid free! You WILL get through this.

Closed Thread