It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #1
(male)

MHossa HB User
Serious constipation.

I'm an 18 y/o male who is a tad overweight and not that active. My diet is better than it has ever been too. (I have been diagnosed with IBS.)

I've had this for years but it's coming back again. I had went through a spell a few months back where my bowel movements were normal but now i'm right back to being constipated. Sometimes i'll only go like once every two weeks and it's because my body forces me to. I try but I just seem to have no need to go. Now i'm guessing my body just gets so full that it has to get it out somehow. I end up getting this insane stomach ache that wakes me up at night. My body then evacuates everything in diarhea form but not before I go through 30 minutes of severe pain. I can't stand waiting 1-2 weeks for every bowel movement. What should I do?

Old 01-28-2008, 02:59 PM   #2
(male)

Hguru HB User
Re: Serious constipation.

For most constipation, a high fiber diet would help. In your case, seems as if you should see a doctor to make sure everything is "ok"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Serious constipation.

This is a normal process of IBS for many...not to say it is a good thing but just to let you know that this is what I would expect. The only think I could suggest is to try Miralax for awhile and see if that makes a difference. You also might try taking Milk of Magnesia every week (or if your work on one of your days off) and get the emptying process over before you HAVE to go though all that stomach aches and cramping. You do understand the stomach aches are because you are so backed up it is putting pressure on your poor tummy. Since you have it then try to gain some control over it by taking Milk of Magnesium when you want to empty once a week or so. You can also try daily stool softeners but they really don't do a whole lot as far as pushing it out it could soften the feces or not...something you would have to try. What most people have to do is just try different things...I am sorry you have to be so young and to go through this. My granddaughters are very little and have to go through it as well. I think they found out they have to stay away from Dairy products/like pizza(cheeses), milk, IceCreams. You might also try the new thing on the market. In the dairy case in the supermarket some daily Activia or just regular Yogart these don't work right away but over time they might and they taste good too. So there are some things for you to try. Good luck.

Closed Thread