It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 05:38 AM   #1
(male)

The Mayor HB User
Cramping, gripes 8 hrs. after eating a meal

Just had what I think now after the fact, was an unecessary colonosopy that came up negative. The only thing my GI doc told me was to stop eating the foods that cause me trouble, eat some yogurt and take more fiber.

I can't figure this out for the life of me! I love to eat all different kinds of food but only since I have turned 50 yrs. old has this really begun in earnest.
It started out with just processed meats like hot dogs, sausage and pepperoni and now it has gotten to the point where almost anything I eat causes me grief the next day. Does anyone think that maybe a probiotic might help me? My younger brother has Crohn's disease and has controlled it recently with probiotics and a prescription drug named Humira. That is why the doc had me do another colonoscopy because he wanted to rule out Crohn's but thank God I don't have it. Anyway any comments would be much appreciated.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Cramping, gripes 8 hrs. after eating a meal

Mayor,

As you may know Crohn's disease is an inherited disease so keep getting it checked out-- it runs in your family.

When a person's intestinal bacteria gets out of balance for any reason, then it can result in problems like you are having until the intestinal bacteria strains get re-balanced. Probiotics along w/ yogurt and kefir will be required.
It will be a sort of shot gun approach because you are unique but buy a yogurt that has many live active cultures ( read the labels) -- not just any yogurt and find an organic type that contains no pesticides, growth harmones or antibiotics.

Your intestines have over 400+ different types of bacteria--- and all people are different. But, your intestines are very delicate and sensitive and as you get older as you have found out they are more sensitive to too much preservatives, salty foods, sugary food, spicy foods and meds.

Some people have problems with the water they drink-- I drink steam distilled water only-- no other drink except milk on occasion.

Also, cramping is an indication that your system lacks some minerals like magnesium and calcium & for absorption vitaminD

I wish you well --- but it's not going to get better until you become more proactive about what you eat as well as drink-

Just 1 alcoholic drink will increase the magnesium in your urine the next time you urinate 500%. How are you replacing the magnesium? This is well documented.
Like most us we can't get away with the way we ate and drank when wewere younger.

Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2008, 04:45 AM   #3
(male)

The Mayor HB User

Thank you Harry for your response.
FYI, I am a healthy 52 yr. old male, exercise three-four times per week, mostly cardio, 6"4, 172 lbs. I drink no soda pop or alcohol at all and no fast or frozen preserved meals. I take a quality multi-vitamin with minerals every day along with Vitamin-C (L-proline,L-lysine), fish oil and garlic.

Just curious about your drinking of steam distilled water. Can you explain further? I would have thought that the distilled water would be void of all minerals which you just stated are beneficial. Do you have some type of home distiller? Also doesn't distilled water have virtually no taste, very bland?

Old 02-05-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Mayor,

I do have a home steam water distiller that I bought many years ago from Sears but I have since replaced it several times with one I bought online. It is alot more convenient than hauling it from the store.

I do not get any minerals from water but I do add Trace Minerals that I get from the Vitamin Shoppe to the water by the drop several times monthly.

You may know that the average person is made up of 70% water and is involved in every bodily function that goes on and replacing water that is continually being lost through waste and sweating is,I think, one of the most important things that is overlook for optimal health by many people.

Many people think turning on the kitchen tap that they are getting safe, clean--healthy drinking water. I don't think this is always the case. There are many undesirable substances found in most drinking water.
I suggest that you get a Book-- Prescription for Nurtritional Healing 4th edition-- it is an very good reference book (869 pages) and is well worth the cost.

I wish you well---Harry

Closed Thread