It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
(female)

154ann HB User
is this normal??

i dont understand i have a pretty good diet but i poop once every 3 or 4 days. on occassions i go 2 times a day. but my longest frame without pooping was 13 days. that was way back in august but why? does anyone else have a problem like this?

Old 01-29-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: is this normal??

A person that does not have a BM every 3 days is considered constipated. You may need to see a doctor??

For Normal BMs a person needs 25 to 35 grams of fiber daily and it needs to be a combination of soluble and nonsoluble fiber, drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily and get a moderate amount of exercise daily.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2008, 05:02 AM   #3
(female)

netters HB User
Re: is this normal??

Question:

(some background first) I had hemorroid surgery in Nov (external & internal). My doctor didn't explain any of the healing process before hand. I got kind of nervous with the pain, bleeding itching etc. (never had a surgery where more different healing symptoms arose during the recovery weeks). He now thinks I'm "too nervous" and I'm not going back to him for my final visit since he just rolls his eyes at me.

Anyway my question is I still have some days about 2 or 3 every week/week & 1/2 of bleeding after not a superhard but not a supersoft stool. Is this still a normal timeframe to be like this? If need be I will go to another dr. to followup. I'm just very upset and feel frustrated and regretful for this whole thing. (He originally said he would only do the external and did the internal too) found that part out after surgery.

thanks in advance for any replies.

Closed Thread