It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
(male)

camw HB User
Bowel Help... Hemorrhoids?

Hi all,

I am looking for a bit of information on some bowel troubles that I have been having. A few days ago I noticed a small amount of blood on the toilet paper after wiping. A few days previous to this I was experiencing diarrhea. Initially I thought that it was just from wiping too frequently due to the frequent trips to the toilet and the diarrhea. However it seems as though this is not the case. For the last 3 days I have noticed that I have been bleeding continually. It is not a lot of blood, but it is non the less continual. I also noticed a small bump just on the outside of my rectum. My initial thought was Hemorrhoids, but I don't have any information or experience with them. I am 31 years old and have never had anything like this happen before.

There is no itching, and it is not painful at all. It is just the bleeding that is a concern. I have had no trouble going to the bathroom, am not straining and am not constipated.

I am waiting to get in to see a doctor and I thought that I would just ask to see if anyone knows what this may be. Do Hemorrhoids generally bleed continually like this? It just doesn't seem to let up. Like I said, it is not a LOT of blood, but it is continual, and blood non the less.

This is rather recent (3 days), and it is the first time I have ever experienced anything like this. I am getting quite concerned because it has been bleeding over the course of the last 3 days. I cant get in to see my doctor until the end of the week and wonder if I should be concerned enough to get to the ER or call the doctor and try to get in sooner.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Camw

Last edited by camw; 01-29-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
(female)

2008 HB User
Re: Bowel Help... Hemorrhoids?

hi, my mum has been suffering from hemmorids for the last couple of years on and off she doesn't suffer from constipation her's can sometimes be painful but sometimes she doesn't know there,there she sometimes notices blood when wiping after a bowel movement it doesn't happen continually after its just bits on the tissue. What she does is use anasol peseries (cant spell it ) but if they get any worse or any more painful she has been advised to visit the doctor again and have them sergically removed. hope this infomation has helped you a little.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #3
(male)

maxcavsm HB User

This is hysterical. This was where I was at about two months ago. I freaked the hell out and went to the emergency room. I was told that the bright red blood was most likely hemorrhoidal in nature, but I went in a month later for a sigmoidoscopy (half colonoscopy; small surgical procedure) to have a questionable polyp removed.

I just started bleeding again, so I had a similar question. Figured I'd answer your question and ask one in return.

Here's what I've posted elsewhere:

Had blood in my stool back in late November, went and had it checked out and had a polyp removed a few days from Christmas. Hadn't had any problems until this week.

Started bleeding again this week from the rectum. Blood on the toilet paper is bright red, which is similar to the same thing I had prior to the surgery. It's been getting more frequent as the week's gone on, usually only a small amount of blood involved.

As I'm defecating, there's a feeling like a small cut or tear or something which causes a little bit of pain, but it doesn't feel any different from the pain of taking a large bowel movement.

Not sure what to do. Is this normal? There really wasn't a problem before, and the polyp wasn't anything crazy, but I hate to go through all the trouble of scheduling another doctors appointment to be told that it's nothing or normal or etc.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
(female)

peacefrog HB User

I was told I have minimal internal hemorrhoids. I have no lumps or bumps on the outside,and no blood, but the skin gets extremely irritated quite often. Its of course bad after a bout of loose stools, but it gets irritated when things are going fine. I guess its hard for me to believe if these are INTERNAL that it should be sore OUTSIDE, and up the back. Sometimes it feels like a little moisture seeps out. Its not sweating I'm sure. Any thoughts?

Closed Thread