It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
(male)

nyk1 HB User
How normal is this?

I noticed hemorrhoids for a while now and finally went to the doctor because the irritation and uncomfortableness turned into constant pain after two specific BM where I was slightly constipated.

Well he prescribed me hydrocortisone and I've been taking them twice a day. The pain has subsided a great amount to where I can function almost 100% without any discomfort. But the first BM I had was a real easy one, only there was blood on the toilet paper when I wiped.

There was never blood before, only a small part of the HEM protruding out of my skin. Now after taking the medication there was blood on my first BM toilet paper. I have yet to have another one, but the pain has gone done a good amount that I am confusing with the blood.

Is this normal? If I eat right and excercise daily will the HEM go back inside?

Old 01-31-2008, 07:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Re: How normal is this?

I would get the hemmorhoid medication that you can get over the counter - it's a cream that you put inside to help heal the tissues that are causing the bleeding. And eat lots of fruits and vegies so your food goes through without putting pressure on the sides of the bowel. I have no idea why your doctor would prescribe hydrocortison pills unless it's to decrease inflammation but steriods are sort of dangerous and topical medication usually does it if you can keep from getting constipated and irritating the bowel every time you go to the bathroom. I'd get a second opinion on taking that medication.

Last edited by taape; 01-31-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: How normal is this?

It is not unusual for hemorrhoids to bleed -- particularly when having a straining BM.

Closed Thread