It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
(male)

billfisher01 HB User
Few post op..colon resection questions bowel movements?

My bowel movements are for lack of another word "weird" Coming at different times of the day and seem to be very loose at times...Also I am having a little trouble telling gas from the other so, I am staying close to the bathroom...Just wondering if this is normal, I know its only 6 days post op but still just want to hear from others how that department progresed.

I also seem to pass gas much better if I get up and walk.Thanks!

Old 01-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
(female)

jenlynn HB User
Thumbs up Re: Few post op..colon resection questions bowel movements?

Bill-

Totally normal. There should be no more blood in the stool now that your almost a week post op. That only lasts for a couple of days. My husband who's a Doc said that the roll of the Sigmoid Colon in to absorb liquid and without/or very little of it stools will be runny until things normalize. After about a week to a week and a half things started to regulate. I've had troubles with constipation before the surgery so I have to take Colace 2x daily to soften the stool. The colon returns itself back to the way it was before surgery, so if you had no trouble going to the bathroom you should be fine.

Glad things went fine with the surgery.

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

libloom HB User
Re: Few post op..colon resection questions bowel movements?

Bill......

Bm's are funky for a while post-surgery. Watery and frequent. And, yes, what you think could be gas turns out not to be!

Mine started forming solid after a couple of weeks.....after introducing more foods to my diet.

My surgeon told me that things aren't usually back to so-called normal until around 6 weeks.

Good luck,
Linda

Old 01-31-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
(male)

billfisher01 HB User
Re: Few post op..colon resection questions bowel movements?

Ok Thanks ! Its going to take some getting used to! I also am not eating much because I am afraid to..I keep thinking I am going to break the section that was connected ..LoL...I know , I heard others talk of this fear and it is real...Now I am afraid of it But, Again normal I guess..Other than that My pain level has really went down alot, No need for the pills anymore, acually , while they made me feel good, I just felt out of touch on them a little to much so, I guess tylenol will suffice if needed, I take the morning walk...come home, take a nap then an afternoon walk..more rest etc...Thats the routine..

You are all great to have and I apreciate you being here to help

Closed Thread