It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
(female)

foxysoxy804 HB User
Need help....considering seeing a gastro doctor

For the past year and a half or so I've had very irregular bms. When I get diarrhea I take Immodium and then I end up being constipated for days...then it goes from there (looser and looser until diarrhea comes back). It's pretty much a cycle. The urgency of going to the bathroom constantly conflicts with my life. I'm really nervous about seeing a doctor because I always find this problem so embarassing. I have major depression and some type of social anxiety so I feel unbearably uncomfortable talking about my bms. I'll also be going away to college in a few years, and public bathrooms scare the s*** out of me. When I use the bathroom, I need to be listening to music with the fan on, making sure no one except my parents are around. Obviously that won't work in college. I can't go to the bathroom at friends' houses either. I have the urgency to go but nothing comes out (except gas).

HELP

Old 02-06-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
(female)

shannonb72 HB User
Re: Need help....considering seeing a gastro doctor

I have been told to take fibercon and for the depression, cymbalta....since you are young, you really need to have this checked out by a gastro dr because you dont want to just 'THINK' that this will ever stop, you need to 'KNOW' that it can be back to normal and you can relax!!!!
Please call your dr, there is help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
(female)

foxysoxy804 HB User

Sorry this is really late, but I need another opinion. Im trying to get my mom to call a doctor but she still hasn't gotten around to it. The problem seems to be worse now. I get diarrhea more often now (I feel like Im tolerating less and less food), sometimes the Immodium lasts for like a day, and then Im back on the toilet. Sometimes I end up very constipated from a regular dosage of Immodium. I want to see a doctor. I just fear the potential embarassment I'll feel when speaking about my...bathroom experiences.

EDIT: Just an update on my symptoms here. I believe that I am probably experiencing the diarrhea type IBS. I don't experience any abdominal pain really...unless ofcourse I'm about to have a serious episode. The gurgling sounds in my stomach are often loud and embarassing. Sometimes I experience nausea, which can be accompanied by repetitive gagging (nothing actually comes out). I could be wrong, but my mother once told me that we have family history of colitis. I will ask her again to make sure I got the right sickness.

Hope this helps. Thank you!

Last edited by foxysoxy804; 06-23-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
(female)

foxysoxy804 HB User

Please I need advice/opinions....please!

Closed Thread