It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

angiebru HB User
hemmorroidectomy pain help!!

I recently went through a hemorroidectomy last friday and was in extreme pain.
I had my first bm on the third day and thought I was going to pass out because I was in so much pain. She put on percosets and I'm trying to stop those because I am afraid of another painful bm. I think I went 5 times on the third day and would not be surprised if I tore a stitch. I"m going into the fourth day and feel a little better today recovering from the painful bm"s.
I'm trying to drink a ton of water and the doc told me take citrucel tablets 2x daily along with miralax 2x daily and stool softeners. Does this seem like to much? I just don't want to experience the pain I felt with the first bm.
I'm so nervous that all I've been eating is oatmeal eggs gritz and drinking a ton of water. Any advice out there to ease my mind??
Angiebru:

Old 02-05-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
(female)

squirrly HB User
Re: hemmorroidectomy pain help!!

I wish everyone with rectal problems had invested in a Sitz Tub, a round plastic pan that sets on the stool. This was the greatest comfort to me, after my surg. many years ago. You can have a BM into the warm water and simply empty it into the stool. You'd be surprised how much easier that first and next BMs are when sitting in the warm water, much less painful. Back in my day, we stayed in the hospital until we had that first one. And I was in the tub! Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
(female)

kcindarella HB User

AngieBru,
How is your pain doing?

I can relate because I had three internal hemroids removed 2-8-08 with ligasure procedure. I am still in so much pain, especially bowel movements, several times a day, for hours at a time.

Hope you are feeling better.

Last edited by kcindarella; 02-13-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: reposted a new thread

Old 02-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
(female)

gizz HB User

I have to add a hearty yes to the sitz bath suggestion. That is the only way I can have a BM and sometimes the only way I can urinate. ( I have Interstitial cystitis ) I allways have the bath tub ready so I can get right in after I have finished the bm. It reall helps to have a couple of bat tub pillows to help you be a bit more comfortable while you soak your bottem. I got several at the dollar store and just cushion the upper half as much as I can. It makes it easier for me to try and relax.

Closed Thread