It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
(male)

gardener321 HB User
anal fissure surgery soon, cost?

I have been suffering from this anal fissure for several months now. Horrible pain after every bm for 6-12 hours. My doctor tried nifedipine and such but not really working. Have to see the surgeon in a few days. I lost my insurance and will have to pay for the surgery myself. Can someone tell me what the cost of the LIS surgery would be?
Can't take the pain much longer!

Old 02-06-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
(male)

gearpig HB User
Re: anal fissure surgery soon, cost?

I just had the surgery 2 days ago, so it is not showing up on my insurance comapany account online yet. I know that the surgical center had one fee which included the anesthetisiologist (that's a hard one to spell, I'm sure it's wrong) and one for the surgeon. My suggestion would be to get a good surgeon and worry less about the cost. I really believe you get what you pay for. I understand what broke is, but this is not a place to cut corners. A good surgeon can make this much less painful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2008, 04:15 AM   #3
(female)

bess01 HB User

Hi i am in australia,and i dont have private health insurance anymore,and i am in a similar circumstance.
I will have to have an operation in the near future for a prolapsed rectum.
My GP said this operation will be like having hemorrhoids done with the scapel.
I have read some stories on the net where some bowel operations have been a bit dicey.
Some writers have said you should have bowel surgery done, ONLY with a colorectol surgeon.
What i am going to do FIRST,is see a colerectol surgeon,and find out whats the best operation for me.
At least then i will know a bit more.
Best wishes and good luck from bess01.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
(male)

gardener321 HB User

I agree that you can't be cheap with this surgery. I just needed to know a ball park figure to know how much I need to save up. I see the surgeon in 2 days and I guess he will tell me the cost.
This fissure has caused me some of the worst pain in my life. Up to 12 hours after each BM. Yuk
Can anyone please tell me what they payed for LIS surgery?

Closed Thread