It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
(female)

Savana25 HB User
Constant diarrhea

I really don't know what to do, I've been having constant diarrhea since last August. It's like this: I have diarrhea for a few days, then it's ok, then it comes back. My diet haven't changed at all for years. I am not taking any new prescription med. I have very bad cramps all day, my stomach gets bloated, I hear weird noises coming from my tummy, and A LOT of gas. The stools aren't weird looking or anything. No weird color at all. Only diarrhea, very bad cramps, bloating and gas. I go to the bathrooom about 5-6 times a day during these episodes. I can hold it if I have to. I don't have to get up in the middle of the night at all, which is good. Sometimes I eat rice for a day and it goes away. But then it comes back! I really dont know what to do... could it be some bacteria? Should I get my stools tested?
Please help!

Old 02-08-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
(male)

billfisher01 HB User
Re: Constant diarrhea

You should definatly have already seen a doctor? why do people wait so long? Anyway you should get tested...Could be C-DIFF...Which is a nasty bacteria that causes diharia like you are having...Anyway go see someone asap!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
(female)

motheroftwoboys HB User

You need to tell your doctor to test you for H Pylori, a stomach bacteria. They can now do a blood test. I just found out Monday that I have it, and am taking Helidac for treatment. I hope and pray that it gets rid of it. I have suffered for a number of years, and the doctor just now tried this test because I requested it. Never has any doctor mentioned it to me before now. I constantly had an upset sotmach with bloating, etc. Good luck....

Old 03-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
(male)

SkysThelimitjp HB User

could also be irritable bowel syndrome...it could happen after a virus or infection,
it could last for months or even years....nothing life threating, just really annoying. u should def. see a doctor tho

Old 04-01-2008, 07:33 AM   #5
(female)

reeree123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by motheroftwoboys View Post
You need to tell your doctor to test you for H Pylori, a stomach bacteria. They can now do a blood test. I just found out Monday that I have it, and am taking Helidac for treatment. I hope and pray that it gets rid of it. I have suffered for a number of years, and the doctor just now tried this test because I requested it. Never has any doctor mentioned it to me before now. I constantly had an upset sotmach with bloating, etc. Good luck....
im waiting for a test for helicobacter, ive had the runs for 6 months and my stools look really strange, i also have pain in my stomach and food irritates it, would you mind telling me all your symtoms so i can compare them to mine, thanks

Closed Thread