It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Sillygrl HB UserSillygrl HB User
help, I am scared!

I posted here a couple of weeks ago. I am having a bowel problem and I am starting to get really scared. I have absolutely no insurance, I am a broke college student. I have not been to the doctor for this problem because of this. I have always had a gas problem, where I have trouble letting it go unless I am on the toilet. I understand that this can be where my more severe problem started. For about a month now, I have had chronic gas that bloats my stomach and I look literally 5 months pregnant. Sometimes (it has maybe happened 5 times) as I am trying to start a bowel movement an intense pain is felt in my intestines, but low down like right before my rectum (if this makes any sense at all). It hurts so bad that it takes my breath away and I think that for a minute my bowels are going to explode. It is like a pressure pain. Sometimes when I feel like the pressure is coming on, if I lean on one side of my bum on the toilet it subsides. It seems the intense pain-pressure comes when I am sitting directly on the toilet putting pressure, I guess you could say on my rectum. After this pain subsides I can finish my bowel movement. I have had no blood in my stool and I have had all kinds of bowel movements. I have had diarrhea and I have has solid movements. I have also been able to expel gas. The only things that is worrying me really is the intense pain. Also, during sex (sorry if this is graphic) if I am on top, it hurts, like it is pushing on all this pressure built up!! What is wrong with me? Where can I go for something that sounds this serious when I have no insurance? I am really scared!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Re: help, I am scared!

anything? does anyone have any advice or ideas?

Old 02-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
(female)

cautiouscynthia HB User

If you're a college student, aren't you covered by your college's insurance plan? I was really poor when I was going to college & was thankfully covered by the colleges insurance plan (at either a very nominal or no fee at all) as long as I was a full-time student.

If you just don't have insurance but have some money, spend it to get yourself checked out. Money well spent. Pain is our body's way of telling us that something is wrong. You need to get it checked out.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Yeah, they do not have any coverage like that. I can get insurance for like 200 a month and my mom and I were talking about doing. I just might now. What does this problem sound like? Does it sound super serious?

Old 02-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

gorgee HB User

I would just go, and get help, and worry about the payment later. It sounds like you need to be seen asap. It probaly is not something serious, but we need to get you feeling better. Just go....keep us posted. We are thinking about you.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

You can also go to your local Emergency Room. I too had no insurance and a horrible pain in my lower left abdomen which turned out to be my first bout with diverticulitis. I went to the ER and announced to the triage nurse that I had no money and no insurance. I also announced it to the doctor before he even looked at me. His response was that they had programs for people like me & not to worry about it. Bottom line, I saw the hospital bill and it was over $30,000. Amount I paid? Zero. It was covered by some state program for people like me (with no money or insurance). Please go and soon! And let us know how it goes.

Oh, and I went to an expensive private hospital, and not county. Still paid nothing & I was in a private room for 4 days. Great care! I wish more people knew you can do that.

Last edited by Redneon82; 02-11-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Added content

Old 02-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Wow! That is good to know! I hope there are programs like that in Nevada! That would help me sooo much! The last thing I need is a doc bill, as I am already in debt with school loans and credit cards! Thanks!

Old 02-12-2008, 04:41 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneon82 View Post
You can also go to your local Emergency Room. I too had no insurance and a horrible pain in my lower left abdomen which turned out to be my first bout with diverticulitis. I went to the ER and announced to the triage nurse that I had no money and no insurance. I also announced it to the doctor before he even looked at me. His response was that they had programs for people like me & not to worry about it. Bottom line, I saw the hospital bill and it was over $30,000. Amount I paid? Zero. It was covered by some state program for people like me (with no money or insurance). Please go and soon! And let us know how it goes.

Oh, and I went to an expensive private hospital, and not county. Still paid nothing & I was in a private room for 4 days. Great care! I wish more people knew you can do that.
My daughter had her bill removed when she was in college and no insurance when she went to the ER. Sad thing about this is if you do have bad insurance you will get stuck with a big bill.

Last edited by anitak1982; 02-12-2008 at 04:42 AM.

Closed Thread