It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User
Does this sound like a bad thing?

I have had a problem with constipation for a little while now. The only way for me to have a bowel movement is to sit and strain for a few minutes and just hope it all comes out. These past few weeks though I have noticed that if I waited like an hour or so after I have the urge to go, everything comes out normal. If I went as soon as I felt the urge I would be straining and only small stools will come out. If I wait that hour or so I would not have to strain and the stool would come out like it is supposed to not to soft, but soft enough to be considered normal (i'm sorry for the grossness).

I was just wondering if waiting to go was a bad thing. Everything you read and hear says if you have the urge to go you should go.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
(female)

CatMac55 HB User
Re: Does this sound like a bad thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPrinces426 View Post
I have had a problem with constipation for a little while now. The only way for me to have a bowel movement is to sit and strain for a few minutes and just hope it all comes out. These past few weeks though I have noticed that if I waited like an hour or so after I have the urge to go, everything comes out normal. If I went as soon as I felt the urge I would be straining and only small stools will come out. If I wait that hour or so I would not have to strain and the stool would come out like it is supposed to not to soft, but soft enough to be considered normal (i'm sorry for the grossness).

I was just wondering if waiting to go was a bad thing. Everything you read and hear says if you have the urge to go you should go.
hiya -i'm hoping that's fairly normal. i've much the same. my husband is the one with the bowel problems, which is why i joined this site (he's just had 20" of large bowel removed through diverticulitis and early cancer).

anyway - i tend to feel i have to go when i get up. usually that's wind, although sometimes i do go a bit. however, normally after an hour or so, i go properly. i don't know whether it's just me or whether it's a repercussion of being pre-occupied with bowel movements.

have you got anyone close who has suffered from a bowel-related disorder - may it's connected? or, have u changed your diet recently?

i've dismissed it, so long as i can go ok. i really dont want any sigmoidmoscopies, colonoscopies, etc. if u decide to take it further and get professional advice, please let me know what they say, can u? although, my pattern has changed recently, i still think it's quite normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2008, 04:20 PM   #3
(female)

IrishPrinces426 HB User
Re: Does this sound like a bad thing?

No one else has suffered from any bowel problems. I have changed my diet, for the better, and added fiber to help me go. Maybe it was the fiber that helped, but it took like 2 months to kick in.

I feel the same way as you do on those tests: i don't want them. If it keeps up like this I might mention it to my doctor at my next physical.

Closed Thread