It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
(female)

greeneyes05 HB User
help?

I have a very tempermental stomach. Randomly I will get diahrrea that can be for a day or may last a week. Occasionally I get a little cut on my anus. I'm wondering if this is an anal fissure? Can anyone offer any advice on this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2008, 11:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: help?

I think you should start taking a water fiber soluble fiber supplement daily like Metamucil with adequate water.
It will bulk up your stools and make you more regular w/o straining.

You can also use a cream like Lanacane to help your anus heal--- use before and after BMs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2008, 04:48 AM   #3
(female)

Monkey7935 HB User
Re: help?

I agree with Harry, but I'm gonna EMPHASISE the adequate water. Mix the correct dosage of fiber in the correct water (1 tsp for 80z water is what I had) and drink...then drink a full glass of water afterwards. I had a bowel trouble where I went through that for weeks, and I also was vomiting bile (had some nasty bug). My doctor had me add fiber to my diet. It worked. I noticed improvement within 48 hours. Call me a mom here, but baby wipes are really soothing when you are that sore from all the pain, straining, pushing, and icky bowel movements. I personally prefer aloe vera baby wipes for my kids, as aloe vera well is jsut good! But I have discovered it helps us in a pinch too when our bum is sore, tp will jsut irrate more.

Closed Thread