It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
(female)

tiff04 HB User
Unhappy H Pylori to Acid Reflux to Stomach cramps. Taking Protonix and Reglan.

Well it all started about 4 years ago when I got sick with H Pylori. My doctor did not know what it was and I was extremely thin, couldn't eat, and throwing up blood before we figured out what it was. I took the prevpac and things seemed bright for a while but could not get over acid reflux. I also get a sour stomach every time I eat and get bad cramps and sharp pains in my stomach. After I eat I feel like if I bend over everything is just going to come back out. They put me on protonix then reglan. They all seem to make a difference for a while then I get an "episode" where I start getting even worse cramps and throwing up again. It seems like it comes in waves. Recently I have been having a hard time breathing when I walk up stairs or try to jog. I had my heart checked and was retested for H Pylori and they said I was healthy. Can anyone tell me what this is and what they think I should do next? I am still on reglan and protonix, but I hate the side effects. Can this all be brought on by H Pylori?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: H Pylori to Acid Reflux to Stomach cramps. Taking Protonix and Reglan.

You Can Test Negative For H Pylori And Still Have It........maybe You Need An Upper Gi Done To Check Your Reflux.....reflux Can Cause Pneumonia...so Be Careful. You Might Also Prop The Head Of Your Bed Up At Night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

tiff---
I have taken Reglan but not for any length of time. I think the side effects of this drug can cause alot of bad problems.

I think you should stop taking it--
You will feel alot better.

God bless---Harry

Old 02-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
(female)

tiff04 HB User

Thank you both for your replies. I am getting another endoscopy in a few weeks so hopefully we will find out something then. Thanks again you have been so helpful!

Closed Thread