It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 11:24 PM   #1
(female)

bess01 HB User
Unhappy Had banding done for hemroids yesterday 19-02-08.

Hello i saw a colorectol surgeon with what i believed to be a prolapsed rectum,and turned out to be 2 hemroids.Could any one please tell me if i can drink prune juice or pear juice.My last bm was yesterday at 1pm.The doctor said to take benefiber 1 desertspoon once daily.I have always suffered from constipation, and i wont probably go with out something.I have had a lot of pain with this procedure.I found after i pass wind the pain gets some what easier.I have been drinking heaps of water,using a heat pad and taking warm salt baths.I have been taking panadol rapid for pain.Rgards from bess01.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2008, 01:34 AM   #2
(female)

beachlovr HB User
Re: Had banding done for hemroids yesterday 19-02-08.

Prune juice will help a lot. Go for it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
(male)

HandM HB User

I too have had several rounds of banding done at CRH Center, you can find a link on this site (advertisement). The first two times, i had the same feeling of pain/ fullness only alleviated by passing gas. This last band I had "installed" is actually causing me quite a lot of discomfort.... I believe it is because the band was applied pretty close to the anus and as a result I have had an external rhoid that is poking out and causing a lot of pain. Taking fiber and drinking lots water only seems to make the bm's more regular but not any less painfull. I had the last banding done on friday and usually the discomfort is gone after a couple of days, but this time it has not been the case. Hopefully it gets better.

Keep up on the fiber and water, I am, even though the discomfort is bad , I am sure it will get better in time.

I wish you rapid healing and a comfy bum

Old 02-22-2008, 03:43 AM   #4
(female)

bess01 HB User
Unhappy Re: Had banding done for hemroids yesterday 19-02-08.

HI these hemroids are a problem,sorry you have so much pain,with this last episode,i hope you are feeling better.
This was my first time,and i dont think it was successful,as i can feel something that feels like a rubber band just inside my anus,and i can still feel a bubble coming out my rectum as well.
I dont know whats happening,i dont seem to have pain any more.
Its only been 4 days since the banding,and i was in pain all wedhesday,and when my bowels went that wednesday night,the pain seemed to diminish.
A GP told me once, he thought my hemroids was too big for banding,and i also had a small prolapse.
The general surgeon in our home town,who did my colonoscopy,did not report hemroids,or any thing else,but thought my condition resembled a prolapse.
The colerectol surgeon i went to in on tuesday, thats in our closest metropolitan city, said, i dont have a prolapsed rectum,i have prolapsed hemroids.
I said no hemroids showed up in the colonoscopy,he replied that colonsoscopies dont show up hemroids,(trust me).
I have had no end of problems,first they thought it was a prolapsed rectum,as i have all the familar symptons,like seepage in my uderwear,and 2 times i have had a bm accident.
lucky i was home the first time,and the other time out shopping,there was not a lot of poo,so i was able to remove my long black pants, and discard my panties into the nappie bin.
My GP said today,that i might need surgery to remove them,BUT from reading about how painfull some of these operations are,i wonder if i should just try and live with them.Best wishes from bess01.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
(male)

HandM HB User

I too was wondering if the last band was sucessfull and as of today I feel much better. I also had the "bubble" of which you spoke and I think that it was just the "last gasp" of the internal, since I no longer have the prolapse ( it was especially bad at night ) Correct me if I am wrong but I think that the colonoscopy wouldn't show the prolapsed roids. I am pretty sure it would have to be a sigmoidoscopy to show internal and external, at least that was the case with me. I think that since your GP said that it was too big for banding, but the colo-rec did the banding, it would seem that perhaps you may need more than on to remove it, at least that has been the case for me

I have one final round of banding to go in two weeks and hopefully it will be the last, although I still have te externals to worry about, the doctor says that they will eventually just be like external skin tags since the blood supply has been cut off, but to be honest, I dont feel like banding has done too much to alleviate the externals..time will tell I guess

I hope you feel better soon

Closed Thread