It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
(female)

runner24 HB User
Unhappy Need quick advice!!

I am a 20 year old female and I am pretty sure I have a hemroids. My symptoms seem to match the descriptions I've looked up except for the bleeding. I haven't been able to go to the bathroom for a couple days and it hurts more with activity and walking. I read a comment on another forum saying if it is an internal one that is protruding you can push it back in, but that doesn't seem to help much. I've had it for about 5 days now and have been using Tucks for 2 but that also doesn't seem to be doing much good yet. I am a runner and am leaving for a national track meet on Wednesday and am getting very nervous it is not going to go away soon enough! If anyone has any advice for the quickest way to get rid of this problem, please let me know!

Thanks!

Old 03-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
(female)

LittleCat HB User
Re: Need quick advice!!

Oh I know how you feel >_<, I've had major problems with hemmeroids. An old trick that helped me and I usually do not believe in this "hocus pocus" stuff I sometimes hear, but if its external hemmeroid use a cotton swab with apple cidar vinegar and dab it on (it will sting the first few times you do that), but it relieves the pain. For internal Tucks I find is very slow, don't take baths but do showers and to "wipe" down there I moisten toilet paper or I use shower head and spray. Try Preperation H cooling gel, that might help as well. It may hurt to walk around and be active, but trust me pressure added can make it worse (considering I sit on my bum almost all day doing classes :P).

You can find the apple cidar vinegar at a grocery store and preperation anywhere really. I think with Tucks you have to put it on right when you notice first signs of pain, otherwise it'll take longer.

Last edited by LittleCat; 03-02-2008 at 09:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
(female)

runner24 HB User

Thanks for the advice. How long would you say it takes to work? I've got 3 and counting to get rid of it. Will this problem go away or is it going to be reoccurring? I've been reading horrible posts about people who have had them for years.. I'm only 20! and still VERY active..

Old 03-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
(female)

LittleCat HB User

Depending what you use, just keep putting Tucks and if you get Preperation H, apply that 3-4 times a day. You should feel some relief. There is surgery to remove hemeroids, however it doesn't prevent them from coming back in the future. Try taking Colace a stool softner to help out.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:34 PM   #5
(female)

LittleCat HB User

Hey, deciding to check up on you xD are you feeling any better? I just noticed you are also from Arizona!
Anyway, I was just posting to see if you are okay and if you need anything just ask!
I started getting hemeroids at your age and its normal believe it or not (and I am only a few years older, 22).
So just know you are not alone!
Whatever you do if you see a clear over the counter medicine called "Corticool" in a white and purple box, DO NOT take! It may say "helps with rashes, itches, and burning" it doesn't :\. My mom when I was 20 and first was experiencing hemeroids said "Ohh this should help!" I had a internal hemeroid, not external. When I got home I applied the cream to the hemeroid and man..
I never felt so much pain I don't think in my life! EVER! I screamed literally from the top of my lungs.
I cannot even describe the pain at all..

Closed Thread