It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
(female)

JennaBK25 HB User
Digestion Problem..so so painful and gross! :( :(

This is really gross and embarrassing but the doctors can't seem the tract the problem yet. I have constant acute pain all through my abdomen and my lower back. I've been really constipated and my bloated. The pain has been so bad that I can't sit, I either have to stand or lay down and even then it's sometimes uncomfortable. It's painful to make a bowel movement and when it does happen not much comes out and it looks not very digested. But when I feel like I am going, I'm not, what comes out is a really dark yellow mucus discharge from my rectum. It's so gross; I don't know what to do.

Is any of this normal? Or anyone have a clue what's going on??

Please help

Old 03-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #2
(male)

humanriff HB User
Re: Digestion Problem..so so painful and gross! :( :(

You don't mention how old you are. My wife (47, two kids natural) just got done with surgery for a condition that involved a rectocyle that caused the colon to actually fold over on itself so that it was hard for anything to come out. The more you strain the tighter the fold. She had the symptoms similar to what you describe. She had a type of surgery called a STARR procedure which is less invasive than the normal surgery to correct this condition and seems to be recovering well. This is a relatively new procedure and is probabaly only done a big city hospitals. She had hers done at Florida Hospital in Orlando by Dr. Gallagher, who was involved in the intitial clinical trials and has more experience with it than most Drs. in the US. You can look it up on the internet and ask your bowel Dr about it.

Good luck. My wife lived with this for over 10 years and it was hell.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread