It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 04:54 AM   #1
(female)

Day Dawn HB User
Explosive bowel movements!!!!!!

Hi,picked up the courage to discuss this on line as so many doctors have given me the brush off.
LOng story short,for past 13 years have been experiencing lots of flatulence,and the only way to describe this is explosive bowel motions.What i mean is that i can feel the pressure building up and i have to run to a loo and it literally explodes,i know this sounds hilarious but it is not,my partner when using the downstairs loo says he thought the toilet was going to land on his head!!!

It is 95% liquid with some undigested particles in it.I am lactose intolerant and have made all the switches to soya etc. but it doesnt seem to make any difference.I have tried acidophillus(lactose free) and still no ease.

Changes to my diet don't help and i have a fairly healthy diet.Its getting to the point that i need to know where we are going so i can suss out where the loos are as i literally have 1 to 2 mins to get there.

Ihave had a sigmoidoscopy and a barium meal which were clear and they ,i.e.the surgeons said it is probably ibs but what i read off ibs ,my symptons don't seem to match.

Ihave had the blood tests for Chrohns as well.

Any help,advice or insisht would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou,Day Dawn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
(female)

SuzyQPA2 HB User
Re: Explosive bowel movements!!!!!!

Do you get enough fiber?

What do you eat in the run of a day?

How long has this been happening to you?

Could you be allergic to something you are eating?

You could try eliminating things for one week periods to see if you improve.
Doctors told me before i had IBS, i think i really had a parasite.
I read that an important factor for IBS sufferers was to eat real broth based soups that use real bones boiled in them and to be very careful what they eat.

I may have IBS but that was not my problem. I'm sure I had a parasite/bacteria problem.
I did a lot of reading up about parasites and most of them can be impossible to detect.
I traced that i got sick right after drinking some park water. Someone later told me i shouldn't be drinking that water as it wasn't filtered at all. I lost a lot of weight, underwent all kinds of tests, the doctors agreed that food ran through me quickly but they couldn't see why.

I convinced the doctor to give me Flagyll at a level that was recommended to kill bacteria and parasites for 10 days. I did get better so i do think it was a parasite or bacteria.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User

Dawn

I am so sorry you are going through this Perhaps it would help to see another doctor and get checked out. I am lactose intolerant too. I hope the doctor can diagnose what is causing this problem. My prayers are with you. Take care and I hope you'll stay in touch.

Hugs Nadine

Old 03-05-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
(female)

Day Dawn HB User

Thanks Nadine,i will let you know what happens,Day Dawn

Old 03-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User

Did they test you for Celiac Disease?
PCOS

Old 07-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #6
(female)

BM24 HB User

I'm exactly the same. My life feels like a rollercoster most days and it really gets me down. I'm just not coping very well.
I have had it for a long time aswell, im not sure exactly what it is, but the doctor i saw said it was IBS, but im not sure about that. Every morning, gassy stomach, need to go to the toilet, not feeling satisfied afterwards. Its quite painful sometimes.
I have been doing alot of research on the internet and come across a few things which I thought might help but turns out they just didn't seem to work. I've heard of some underwear which apparently gets rid of flatulence which sound good. Has anyone heard of them? Even though I think these may resolve my bad gas issue I was wondering if anyone knows of any remedies for the abdominal pains? I've heard various things such as olive oil helps?
Any replies appreciated, thanks.

Closed Thread