It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

gamijo HB User
help with a toddler's issues

Hi, I'm new to this site and have some questions. My son is 20 months old and has some issues with milk, milk products and soy. He can't have any of it, not even a drop or he has bad pain, bloating and diarrhea. He's on a milk- free/ soy- free diet and has been having horrible pooping issues. He was constipated and having really hard poops where I had to help him, then it changed to his poops not being so hard, but he would run through the house screaming in pain and fear and I had to literally hold him down and hold his legs up so he could poop. At this time his poop wasn't [I]really[I] hard or big, but I think he was having trouble pushing it out and was scared of the pain. Now in the past few days, everything he eats is giving him diarrhea. There's mucus in it and I don't know what to do. He hasn't been diagnosed with anything as of yet. We've been to a GI, they did blood tests and took stool samples and supposedly all came back fine, except they found traces of some kind of sugar in his stool that shouldn't be there, but never told me what it was from. Can anyone help me?

p.s. he is special needs and will not eat any kind of fruit or juice. There are only a few select foods that he is allowed to eat that I can actually get in his mouth.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
(female)

gamijo HB User
Re: help with a toddler's issues

Hi, I know I'm new, but I have 44 views and no replies. Can't anyone help me at all?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
(female)

1stronggirl HB User
Re: help with a toddler's issues

Sorry to hear that, poor little guy. Hopefully it is something in his diet maybe he isn't getting enough fiber? Sounds like you should find a new doctor, I don't know what tests they can do on toddlers but some one should be able to help. I had some complications from chrons disease and had been taking vicodin which made me a little consitpated and I ended up with a fissure and an abcess on/in my rectum, what you described was similar to my situation there was mucas and even a small bowell movement was terribly painfull it took a while to heal. I don't know if any of that helps, hope he gets better soon.

Closed Thread