It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 06:17 AM   #1
(female)

keepdancing HB User
Urgency to go to the bathroom!

My problem started when my gall bladder started acting up. After having it removed, it got no better. What happens is anytime I have to have a bowel movement it is urgent, NO time to wait. This can happen right after a meal, 5 minutes later or an hour later. I don't go out to eat anymore which makes it really difficult when I am going to be out for an entire day. I just don't eat. I have such a fear of losing control of my bowels that it has really changed my life. I have talked to several doctors about this and none ever heard a link between gall bladder removal and this urgency, yet I know of 2 others who have had the same thing happen. If anyone knows anything I can do, I would appreciate it so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2008, 07:18 AM   #2
(female)

birdleggs15 HB User
Re: Urgency to go to the bathroom!

Hi: Experienced the same problems after my lap choli. I am post op 2 years. My surgeon told me that this could be a problem. It can be a real pain especially when traveling. If I eat a lot of chocolate it seems to work the opposite way. I had no choice, my gall bladder was hardly functioning at all. I feel better since it was removed. I'm wondering if it is genetics as everyone in my mom's family has had this surgery along with the same urgency.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
(female)

kristi1 HB User

I have the same problem. Several years ago, I had a liver tumor. It was not cancerous. My surgeon decided to take my gall bladder out while he removed the tumor. Things have been downhill ever since. I went to a gastro dr. and had a colonoscopy. I do have mild colitis, but I believe the real root of my problem is that my gall bladder was removed. Currently, I am taking a prescription medicine called Librex. It seems to help. I also keep Imodium advanced on hand if I need it. Since Sept. of 2007, I have lost about 15 pounds due to my stomach issues. I would ask my dr. about Librex.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
(female)

kristi1 HB User

I just realized I spelled the name of my medicine wrong. The dr. prescribed Librax, not Librex. Sorry.

Closed Thread